Couriers don't you just love them.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
So there i was looking out of my front bedroom window yesterday morning.Looking to my right i see a plastic bag on my neighbours path outside his front door.Um his bin must have blown over.I then do nothing about it and get on with my life.At 12-45 i catch a bus and spend three hours in Leeds doing various shopping things.I get home in the rain and the bag is still outside my neighbours door on the path.I can see it is soaked,so i pick it up,yes it is a plastic bag,but it is also a package a small box could be a phone gameboy perfume watch anything,so i thought he the neighbour is out i'll take it in.Then i noticed it is not his it is a street 15 mins away.The courier has left it outside in view at a house in the wrong street,effin useless and no doubt the pillock will swear blind he handed it over,well just then my neighbour comes home,and i explain and tel him i will take it round to the right house.The chap at the house thanked me very much,i hope he contacts NEXT and tells them what a sheet company they use.

Sharky

Guru
We live in xxxxxxx road and just over a mile away, there is a xxxxxxxx avenue. We often get the wrong mail.

Drago

Legendary Member
Couriers are the most sensible, conscientious employees you'll ever meet, and their road craft is beyond reproach.

2EAC4DC600000578-0-image-a-14_1448133228229.jpg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm sat waiting for a courier to collect, who was booked for today. Yesterday there was a note about missing the collection. Which I'd booked for at some point today.

No way of contacting them, if they don't arrive today to collect I've pre-paid a lot for nothing.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
I sent off an e mail to Next they thanked me for delivering the item and said they would inform HERMES.

I have three items coming this week all from e bay i hope they use Royal Mail.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I sent off an e mail to Next they thanked me for delivering the item and said they would inform HERMES.

Royal Mail told me to expect a delivery between 9:18am and 13:38 today. So when I was comfortably sitting on the loo at 8:36am, who do you think rang the doorbell....?

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
My first xmas pressie has arrived by the WONDERFUL,GREAT SERVICE ROYAL MAIL poor post lady was soaked but my two tyres were well wrapped up.thank you HOPKINSON CYCLES of Horbury near Wakefield.

beepbeep

The local Hermes courier lives just down the road and he keeps packages at his house until I'm home from work....Now Yodel .....woudlnt pay them in un wrapped toffees !!!
Tried to deliver a parcel ...wasnt in so they '' left it with neighbour''. ....never found it....took 6 month to get a refund as they were adamant they had delivered it to a ''safe place I had requested '' despite the hand scrawled note and a copy of my order stating NOT to deliver to neighbours....

steverob

Guru
We live in xxxxxxx road and just over a mile away, there is a xxxxxxxx avenue. We often get the wrong mail.
Same sort of thing here, but luckily the other similar address is just 200 yards down the way and we're used to getting each other's post so just drop it off whenever we're passing.

I always prefer when companies use Royal Mail to deliver their parcels over the other firms - not because their delivery drivers are any better, but because when I get the "missed delivery" card through the door, I can just pick it up from the sorting office, which is on my walk to the railway station each morning (and they're open both early and late). Whereas all the others seem to be based on industrial estates 15-20 miles away from where I live or work and they're typically only open during office hours, which is bloody useless to me.

I know a former Hermes driver. He ended up ill because of the stress. It isn't just that drivers are low paid, they often end up out of pocket for working for the company.

As my colleague says: if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys...

Top Bottom