Couriers don't you just love them.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
If you sit at home by the window you might just catch Herpes.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Bloody couriers. I came home from work and was greeted with this

5224F063-1FD8-4D4F-A21B-4286B412BB2F.jpeg

They had rammed a parcel through the letterbox with such force that they ripped the front clean off. Not happy, been on the phone, waiting for a call back. Within 48 hours! Not urgent then. Wa*kers

I sent off an e mail to Next they thanked me for delivering the item and said they would inform HERMES.

I have three items coming this week all from e bay i hope they use Royal Mail.
I sent off an e mail to Next they thanked me for delivering the item and said they would inform HERMES.

I have three items coming this week all from e bay i hope they use Royal Mail.
Not all surprised that it was Hermes. To be avoided.

byegad

Legendary Member
I do 99% of my shopping online. So I know lots of couriers.
They do a hard job, for little money, but most do it well. However, there's a few who are complete wasters. I waited in on Tuesday last week for a parcel, Shaun 'my driver' couldn't be arsed to drop it pff so Steve brought it on Wednesday. As I'd paid for a specific delivery day I was less than chuffed and put in a complaint about Useless Shaun.

Edit: my collection isn't happening (Hermes). Having not collected today as they got it wrong yesterday, I'm hoping they collect tomorrow.

However the local Hermes delivery driver is great.

Hermes will probably charge the driver for the extra mileage and time.

colly

Re member eR
I've had great service and really bad service from courier companies. ParcelForce despite lots of people saying they are rubbish I've found to be good. Not cheap though. Mind you I know the driver quite well so that might explain something.
I've had mixed experiences with Hermes but I did get to know the local driver fairly well about probably 3 or 4 years ago he was saying he got the princely sum of 65 pence per delivery.
So 100 drops per day on average he was getting 65 pounds. Out of that he had to provide the vehicle, insure it, fuel it, and service it. 10 per hour say, for 10 hours. I'm sure it's better now but it was tantamount to slave wages.
No wonder he always looked run down and haggard.

I stick with ParcelForce for the most part because at least the drivers have a fighting chance of making a living.

I've had great service and really bad service from courier companies. ParcelForce despite lots of people saying they are rubbish I've found to be good. Not cheap though. Mind you I know the driver quite well so that might explain something.
I've had mixed experiences with Hermes but I did get to know the local driver fairly well about probably 3 or 4 years ago he was saying he got the princely sum of 65 pence per delivery.
So 100 drops per day on average he was getting 65 pounds. Out of that he had to provide the vehicle, insure it, fuel it, and service it. 10 per hour say, for 10 hours. I'm sure it's better now but it was tantamount to slave wages.
No wonder he always looked run down and haggard.

I stick with ParcelForce for the most part because at least the drivers have a fighting chance of making a living.

That sounds like the system here: if the driver can't deliver, Hermes don't pay for him to go back again, so not only does he lose the money from the non-pickup, he has to pay for the second attempt, and he loses the time taken, because he can't earn the money in that time for other pickups.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
My wife does an inordinate amount of online shopping - 2 or 3 deliveries most days. I'm not going to knock Royal Mail too much cos I used to be a postie but they really do suffer from swapping people around routes too much. The courier drivers get to know that my wife is in a wheelchair and can't get to the door quick so they either wait or just open the door and deliver anyway.

The good courier companies are streets ahead (sorry) of RM. You can view a map online showing the driver getting closer to your door, you can give specific instructions like "leave in shed" etc and they can give you a one hour delivery slot that is unerringly accurate.

Mind you, bad ones are bad. Like the new driver at the pharmacy that carried a box of clearly labelled intimate medical supplies around most of the neighbours looking for our address :angry:

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
:blush::shy: Got home fro going out for lunch.To find a card sorry you were out,Item in green bin.The box filled half the bin it was from a kitchen goods company LAKELAND a jam making kit for our daughter,left by HERMES :blush::ohmy: great service.

Top Bottom