coventry eagle road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

supersixone

I believe these bikes are a future classic
Nice steel lugged frame nice and easy ride and the brand is overlooked in favour of raleigh dawes peugeot etc I know the Reynolds frame go for big monies but my eagle was 25 pounds and I have seen a lot sub the one hundred pounds price for sale
Which is not bad for the price and you get a vintage bike with history mine is 37 years old ok paint is tatty
But it's still giving service and with maintenance will keep on going how many modern bikes will give you that

Attachments

• IMG_20200714_112004.jpg
    IMG_20200714_112004.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_20200714_112030.jpg
    IMG_20200714_112030.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_20200714_112021.jpg
    IMG_20200714_112021.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 231

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
But it's still giving service and with maintenance will keep on going how many modern bikes will give you that
Any modern bike that is looked after by it's owner will give you that and more if you want it. Most won't be and will have long been scrapped, just like most Coventry Eagles have been.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I believe these bikes are a future classic
Nice steel lugged frame nice and easy ride and the brand is overlooked in favour of raleigh dawes peugeot etc I know the Reynolds frame go for big monies but my eagle was 25 pounds and I have seen a lot sub the one hundred pounds price for sale
Which is not bad for the price and you get a vintage bike with history mine is 37 years old ok paint is tatty

I had the exact same bike until I was in my 20's. TBH it wasn't a patch on the Raleigh Road Ace 531c I had from 16 years old, but kept it for winter duties until I got my Columbus SLX framed bike. My SLX/Dura Ace equipped bike is 30 years old.

I had some good use out of it, but it was much harder lugging that around than the bikes I replaced it with.

Any bike will last a long time.

Top Bottom