Covered bike area in Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twilkes

Guru
I'm looking for somewhere that's covered that I can lock my bike in Glasgow - walking distance from Pure Gym on Bath Street. When I worked elsewhere, I used to lock it at Central Station until they reduced the number of bike racks on the main concourse; and then the slightly covered bit next to Sainsburys in Dundas Street, outside Queen Street Station. I sometimes leave it overnight, and it's more about keeping the rain off it than keeping it safe from pilferers, although preferably somewhere not too dark and secluded.

Any suggestions?

Fubar

Guru
I'm looking for somewhere that's covered that I can lock my bike in Glasgow - walking distance from Pure Gym on Bath Street. When I worked elsewhere, I used to lock it at Central Station until they reduced the number of bike racks on the main concourse; and then the slightly covered bit next to Sainsburys in Dundas Street, outside Queen Street Station. I sometimes leave it overnight, and it's more about keeping the rain off it than keeping it safe from pilferers, although preferably somewhere not too dark and secluded.

Any suggestions?

Dunno but @Pat "5mph" @Edwardoka @Harry_Palmer79 @GlasgowFinn and @GBC might!

Sorry I can't be any help; I wouldn't lock any of my bikes up outside in Glasgow city centre. Maybe somewhere near Rig bikes?

Rasmus

Without a clever title
For full cover, there's a few stands inside Buchanan bus station (NW corner, by the taxi rank)

Booyaa

Veteran
I always left mine in the underground parking garage at work so never had to use racks in the city. A mate of mine leaves his just down from Rig Bikes though.

discominer

Queen Street station, at the car park abutting North Hanover Street, voila!
cyclestreets56272_zps26fa39b2.jpg

boydj

Legendary Member
There is the multi-storey car park in Bath St. You should check that out for somewhere to leave the bike - preferably near the attendant's station (if there is one).

OP
OP
Twilkes

Twilkes

Guru
Thanks for the suggestions - I walk past the stands next to Buchanan Galleries Sainsburys every day, not sure why I didn't think of those. :smile:

And I'm right near the Q-Park on Bath Street but there's no ground level access to anywhere bike-leavable - would mean taking a bike up in the lift and I'm not sure they'd be bike friendly anyway, especially with the quality of marque that seems to park there.

Top Bottom