Covid jab......anyone had a reaction ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Mods......this is not medical, its general interest.
We had our jabs yesterday. Apart from having to queue in the freezing cold it all went well.
AFTER the jab they gave us a leaflet. Ist paragraph says "read carefully BEFORE you are vaccinated" :wacko:. No wonder they didn't let us read it before as the possible reactions are scary.
My arm became sore during the night. Took some Nurofen this morning which seem to be working.
So........anyone with adverse reactions ???

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Haven't had it yet, but had the same symptoms as you when I last had a flu jab. In fact my arm was so bad I had to go home from work sick

midlife

Guru
Everybody at work has had the Pfizer vaccine, most common is a sore arm, one person felt unwell and had to go home for a couple of days but takes time off for the smallest reason

Venod

Eh up
Daughter in law had a spell in hospital last year with a heart infection, she is still on the vulnerable list so had a jab on Saturday, on Sunday she said she felt like she had done a hard gym session, she was aching all over.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My sister had the Oxford AZ jab and said she felt a bit grotty for a couple of days. Nothing too bad, though, she said.

Julia9054

Guru
A sore arm is a common side effect of all vaccinations. What causes it? Is it just localised bruising from the needle entering?
I have a flu jab every year and usually get a sore arm for a day or two. The last two years though, nor sore at all. Is that down to the skill of the injector?
(I realise most on here are not medically qualified!)

PeteXXX

In the interests of those who will be having the jab in the future, it'd be good to hear from those who have NO reaction, too, otherwise it might put some waverers off.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I felt shocking for a few days after my first dose (AZ), achy fatigued 'flu like', but nothing that couldn't be tolerated or managed with paracetamol. Second dose I was fine. Wife had first dose of Pfizer and was the same.

If you plan for it, build in some rest and stock up on paracetamol it's fine.

PeteXXX

@Dave7 I haven't had any noticeable reaction to my flu jabs in the last 3 or 4 years, so as and when I'm offered my C Jab, it'll be similar, hopefully.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Same here with the flu jab, had it a couple of weeks ago at Asda as it the only place round here who had any doses, never felt a thing and no issues afterwards. Looking forwards to April/May/whenever to get the Covid one.

pawl

Legendary Member
Had mine on Fri 29th Jan.Saturday upper arm felt stiff Felt generally larthargic and tired.
Sunday pretty much the same except I felt rather cold
Monday ok
Village surgery is on the local list for giving injections but as far as I am aware has not stated yet.

My appointment was at Earlshllton ten minutes drive.They have a large car park Surgery is much bigger and is able to accommodate more people.I was very impressed with how efficient the whole process was

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A sore arm is a common side effect of all vaccinations. What causes it? Is it just localised bruising from the needle entering?
I have a flu jab every year and usually get a sore arm for a day or two. The last two years though, nor sore at all. Is that down to the skill of the injector?
(I realise most on here are not medically qualified!)
I have had so many jabs I could not count them. Flu jab never been painful but sometimes the B12 one is even from the same person. I think the B12 is thicker texture which may vary according to temperature so that could explain it. Abdominal ones definitely seem to depend on the skill of the person wielding the needle and are mostly painful.

Top Bottom