Covid jab......anyone had a reaction ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Pfizer for me on Thursday last week. Sore arm where injected, rotten headache for 2 days. Horrible aftertaste for a couple of days regardless of what I ate. Better that I responded to the flu jab though which wiped me out for 2 days.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I had the Pfizer just over a week ago, late Saturday.
Had a sore shoulder the day after and about mid day Sunday I got very tired. Slept the whole day. Fine by Monday.
The missus had hers a while back and had headaches on top of that. Fine a couple days later. Her 2nd dose had no effects on her at all.

tom73

Guru
Doctors aren't good at administering injections. I have to have blood taken from an artery in my wrist due to low oxygen sats (70's) after an accident. My word it was a good job I was as high as a kite on morphine. Two attempts in each wrist by an apologetic doctor. He apologised again and said we've got to do it, I'll get someone else. Got a senior nurse who did it painlessly. 5 goes ! :wacko:

I've been on the receiving end of Dr's too boy they are the best for sure. Mrs 73 was once on shift in A&E. A Dr went to put a Cannula in patient and next minute. Cried out S..t I've cannulated the artery lucky 2 nurses arrived and stoped the bleeding.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Remember they have to publish all known reactions for any medication - just look at the long list of side effects for paracetamol, including a nasty death if you have too many. :ohmy:
If you read all the potential problems in the leaflet that comes with any medication you would not take probably.
One was on a medication prescribed for my wife. "Do NOT take this medication if you have Parkinson's". She had Parkinson's and I did not give it to her.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A sore arm is a common side effect of all vaccinations. What causes it? Is it just localised bruising from the needle entering?
I have a flu jab every year and usually get a sore arm for a day or two. The last two years though, nor sore at all. Is that down to the skill of the injector?
believe so, many years ago I had a motorcycle accident, over the next 2 days I was given 8 units of blood, I was also tested 3 times a day for about 4 days, then daily for 3 weeks, there were 3 phlebotomists (known as Vampires) 1 was excellent never hurt, 1 was good didn't hurt 70% of the time, the 3rd was horrific, she was new, but she made it hurt every time. I spoke to the excellent one about her, she explained it's down to the angle of the needle, if they follow the needle exactly as it goes in then there's no/little pain/bruising, if they push at an angle when the needle wants to go in a slightly different angle then pain/bruising occurs. I have no idea if it's true but it does seem plausible or at least it did & does to me,
Doctors aren't good at administering injections. I have to have blood taken from an artery in my wrist due to low oxygen sats (70's) after an accident. My word it was a good job I was as high as a kite on morphine. Two attempts in each wrist by an apologetic doctor. He apologised again and said we've got to do it, I'll get someone else. Got a senior nurse who did it painlessly. 5 goes ! :wacko:
Pain is definitely due to lack of skill/experience!

I have to have regular blood tests because I am on warfarin for life and if they get the dose too low it won't help, and too high I could bleed to death! 7 or 8 years ago the tests were done in a lab from venous samples. (Fortunately, they now have machines which test in the health centre from a single fingerprick sample.)

I got to know which nurses were good at it, which ones were clumsy, and one in particular who was TERRIBLE. Most of the experienced nurses could get it done with very minor discomfort. The young inexperienced nurse was bleeding awful - pun intended. Each time was an excruciatingly painful, slow farce. After a couple of such incidents I reacted like Pavlov's dog every time I walked into the room and found her waiting for me. I'd come out in a nervous sweat and my heart would start racing. One time she wiggled the needle about in my arm for 20-30 seconds. I tried to tell her to stop but blacked out before I say a word. I came round with a group of anxious staff trying to sort me out...

As for doctors... I had one doctor faff about for so long that I thought I was going to faint. I told her to stop and get a nurse to do it for her. She then said that they already had one sample so she could make do with that. WTF!!!

I am, shall I say, scared of needles but felt just the smallest "prick" ( don't say it :rolleyes:)
Biting my lip here :okay:^_^
I am absolutely convinced that the NHS training is to not use that word anymore. Every single nurse sticking me with a needle has referred to 'just a small scratch'.

Remember they have to publish all known reactions for any medication - just look at the long list of side effects for paracetamol, including a nasty death if you have too many. :ohmy:
If you read all the potential problems in the leaflet that comes with any medication you would not take probably.
After I had been on warfarin for a while I spotted 'penile necrosis' as one of the (rare) side effects. A disruption of blood supply to the penis causing severe damage which may require major reconstructive surgery or even amputation! :eek:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I had the Pfizer just over a week ago, late Saturday.
Had a sore shoulder the day after and about mid day Sunday I got very tired. Slept the whole day. Fine by Monday.
The missus had hers a while back and had headaches on top of that. Fine a couple days later. Her 2nd dose had no effects on her at all.

2nd dose already, that's quick. Despite the paperwork saying 21 days, it might be 12 weeks until the 2nd one...

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Pain is definitely due to lack of skill/experience!

I have to have regular blood tests because I am on warfarin for life and if they get the dose too low it won't help, and too high I could bleed to death! 7 or 8 years ago the tests were done in a lab from venous samples. (Fortunately, they now have machines which test in the health centre from a single fingerprick sample.)

I got to know which nurses were good at it, which ones were clumsy, and one in particular who was TERRIBLE. Most of the experienced nurses could get it done with very minor discomfort. The young inexperienced nurse was bleeding awful - pun intended. Each time was an excruciatingly painful, slow farce. After a couple of such incidents I reacted like Pavlov's dog every time I walked into the room and found her waiting for me. I'd come out in a nervous sweat and my heart would start racing. One time she wiggled the needle about in my arm for 20-30 seconds. I tried to tell her to stop but blacked out before I say a word. I came round with a group of anxious staff trying to sort me out...

As for doctors... I had one doctor faff about for so long that I thought I was going to faint. I told her to stop and get a nurse to do it for her. She then said that they already had one sample so she could make do with that. WTF!!!

I am absolutely convinced that the NHS training is to not use that word anymore. Every single nurse sticking me with a needle has referred to 'just a small scratch'.

After I had been on warfarin for a while I spotted 'penile necrosis' as one of the (rare) side effects. A disruption of blood supply to the penis causing severe damage which may require major reconstructive surgery or even amputation! :eek:
On my last hospital confinement I had blood taken by a trainee nurse who had never done it on a real live patient before. This was under supervision of course and with my permission. After all they have to learn somehow. In fact it was as painless as one could expect.
I once had one long time ago when the syringe came apart and blood went everywhere.

Last edited:
I've had pain - and restricted muscle use - in my upper arm since a jab in November. It has been getting better, but vv slowly.
Finally saw my physio this morning (partly cos I had some other maladies) and he confirmed I was at least the 10th needle-related injury he'd had in since the start of the pandemic. All similar symptoms.

(Should clear up fine, he reckoned, but I'm quite a few quid lighter now!)

Top Bottom