Covid jab......anyone had a reaction ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
The 6yo had quite a nasty looking mark on her arm shortly after the jab but we looked it up and saw that it was quite common. Sure enough it cleared up after a few days.

I do know of someone who had a really quite nasty reaction to the vaccine but that was due to the dreaded 'pre-existing conditions' and I haven't wanted to go on about it for fear of feeding into conspiracy theories and putting people off. Bad reactions do happen, above and beyond the usual 'flu like' stuff, but they are extremely rare.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
General needle injuries can be common. A chap at work has had muscular issues since one of his jabs.

I've had bad reactions to other jabs in the past (not covid) where I had a spud sized swelling in my bottom.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
One of my partners relations had a bad reaction to the covid jab, he had bad headaches for 3 months. He was then not allowed a second jab, so he;s been paranoid about going outside and catching covid. Only recently has he been able to go back to work, still with only 1 jab but he daren't have another one as he fears another 3 months off work with constant headaches would be worse than covid itself

keithmac

Guru
One of our customers who I hadn't seen in ages popped in on Saturday.

He'd had a brain hemorrhage and had been recovering for over 3 months. Was given the choice of having surgery to remove blood from his scull or hopefully it would eventually drain on it's own (he took the latter route).

The hospital couldn't give any reason for it happening, he said it was a few weeks after one of his jabs.

He's out of work now and only mid 50's.

Gwylan

Veteran
My first jab made me very ill. Delirious through the night and felt not very well for a few days. Worst hangover I had had until then.

Then got Covid and frankly death would have been easier. Four or five days of serious man flu and several weeks when I slept a lot.
But all in all better than the alternatives, I think.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

He'd had a brain hemorrhage and had been recovering for over 3 months. Was given the choice of having surgery to remove blood from his scull or hopefully it would eventually drain on it's own (he took the latter route).

The hospital couldn't give any reason for it happening, he said it was a few weeks after one of his jabs.

I know someone who got very ill a few years before Covid came along.

The hospital couldn't give any reason for it happening. He said it was a few weeks after he ate chocolate cake at his daughter's birthday party! :whistle:

keithmac

Guru
I'm not anti vac, just recall the conversation.

I suppose the "side effect" was he had a banging headache and only after investigation they found out he'd had a hemorrhage.

Could be totally unrelated as you say, maybe he'd eaten a bit of dodgy chocolate cake.

Milzy

Guru

Same happened to my mate who’s in early 40’s. They were supposed to be moving house & he’s been off work 4 months now & can’t drive, he’s getting an operation date soon. I reckon he won’t be back working until near Christmas the way things are going.
3 jabs could they have attributed to the clot? Who knows, we will never know for sure.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I'm not anti vac, just recall the conversation.

I suppose the "side effect" was he had a banging headache and only after investigation they found out he'd had a hemorrhage.

Could be totally unrelated as you say, maybe he'd eaten a bit of dodgy chocolate cake.

I know of 3 people who had strokes too plus one man who had such bad seizures he lost his driving licence for a year. Absolutely no previous history of seizures. I’m glad I didn’t take them.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner

In other words not a jab reaction

markemark

Über Member
I know of 3 people who had strokes too plus one man who had such bad seizures he lost his driving licence for a year. Absolutely no previous history of seizures. I’m glad I didn’t take them.

Indeed. I mean, nobody had stokes before covid did they. Any evidence of increase in stroke rates?

50 million people on the U.K. have had a vaccine. Many of those will have strokes and seizures. Unless it’s noticeably more than pre vaccine then it’s unrelated.

On a separate note I’m also glad you’ve not taken it.

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Indeed. I mean, nobody had stokes before covid did they. Any evidence of increase in stroke rates?

Who knows. If you believe the vaccine is the best thing since sliced bread, you obviously wouldn’t want to think there’s a connection. I’ve spoken to quite a few people who wish they hadn’t got it as they had nasty reactions and haven’t felt great since.

markemark

Über Member
Who knows. If you believe the vaccine is the best thing since sliced bread, you obviously wouldn’t want to think there’s a connection. I’ve spoken to quite a few people who wish they hadn’t got it as they had nasty reactions and haven’t felt great since.

Who knows? There’s plenty of information so people do know. You may not. Or maybe don’t understand the information.

Top Bottom