Covid jab......anyone had a reaction ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markemark

Über Member
It seems there's no middle ground, you're either anti vaccine or the vaccine can do no wrong camp.

I'm in the middle personally..

Not true either. Like most things there’s pros and cons. The vaccine is far from perfect. However the benefits for the individual in vast majority or cases outweigh the problems and for society as a whioe they are a benefit. Most people recognise that. Some don’t.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
I've had pain - and restricted muscle use - in my upper arm since a jab in November. It has been getting better, but vv slowly.
Same here, also since mid-November. Couldn't raise my arm above my head without sometimes intense pain, which made decorating a bit fraught, but I daren't argue with SWMBO.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Pfizer for me on Thursday last week. Sore arm where injected, rotten headache for 2 days. Horrible aftertaste for a couple of days regardless of what I ate. Better that I responded to the flu jab though which wiped me out for 2 days.

It sounds like they might have accidentally injected into a vein rather than the muscle! I read of that happening of quite a few people and all of them described that taste hitting them within seconds.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I know of 3 people who had strokes too plus one man who had such bad seizures he lost his driving licence for a year. Absolutely no previous history of seizures. I’m glad I didn’t take them.

you cant be too careful with chocolate cake

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
If there's no middle ground, then where the heck are you?!?

Probably in their own spin off bubble universe and communicating through a trans dimensional worm hole.

keithmac

Guru
It's just interesting how anybody who mentions a side effect on any vaccine thread gets treated, look at @Poacher further up.

It's descending into Helmet thread territory imho.

winjim

Smash the cistern
It's just interesting how anybody who mentions a side effect on any vaccine thread gets treated, look at @Poacher further up.

It's descending into Helmet thread territory imho.

How do you identify what's a vaccine side effect and what's not though? It's really difficult, certainly at an individual level. Outside of a few cranks I don't think that many people fall into the binary you mentioned.

keithmac

Guru
It is, but if you look at how every potential side effect mentioned is viewed with the same level distain for want of a better word it sets a tone.

I bet many don't even mention them due to the likely replies. I did second think my reply early but posted it anyway as that's what was said on the day.

It's up to the individual to weigh it up but the sniping at any possible side effect surely must put other people off posting up their own experiences.

Anyway, I've said my bit so I'll leave it at that.

markemark

Über Member
How do you identify what's a vaccine side effect and what's not though? It's really difficult, certainly at an individual level. Outside of a few cranks I don't think that many people fall into the binary you mentioned.

It’s quite easy when 50m people have had it. Have the number of strokes statistically increased? No? Then the vaccine doesn’t cause strokes. Blood clots is an interesting one as covid causes blood clots so it’s not surprising that the vaccine might. That will be listed as a side effect and the risks are weighed against the benefits. As not having the jab increases you chance of getting covid (yes it does) then having the vaccine, even with the side effects, reduces your chances of a blood clot.

Top Bottom