Covid Panic Buying 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not seen any panic buying in Aldi, but it's definitely busier... could it be corvid or could it be the annual influx of thousands of students?

Gunk

Guru
It’s just hysteria and selfishness, we didn’t have any trouble getting anything in the last lockdown, but we did need to shop at a couple of different supermarkets to get everything we needed. The elderly don’t have this option if the shelves have been cleared of essentials at their local shops.

Drago

Legendary Member
Surely the yeast would be better off used for making beer?

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Edwards Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.
Kay : A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew there was enough toilet rolls for everyone . Imagine what you'll know tomorrow...

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They haven't had mushy peas in the local Tesco for about 6 weeks. I'd go across the road to Aldi to get some,but i only go in there for beer and with Tesco price matching the last month or so i don't have to go. Wasn't there a mushy peas panic buying/stockpiling problem during the start of the March lockdown?🤔

I restocked my Brexit pantry at the same time as my Covid pantry.
I dont have a year's supply of food and 10000 rounds of ammution for every firearm but I do like to keep a buffer . My one family sized pack of toilet papet, bought in March, is only half used so I should make it through another 6 months . I was suprised that it lasted so long.

Top Bottom