Covid Panic Buying 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Tesco restricted my click and collect order this morning to one 5kg bag of sugar, which is a bugger. I suspect they thought I was panic buying when an order went in for 10kgs.

Apart from 1 teaspoon in home made bread and a pinch in some cooking, we rarely use it. But I have an apple tree laden with fruit and the sugar is for home made wine. :sad:

tom73

Guru
I've just realised I'm down to my last half-jar of Marmite. I've have to hit the shops with the utmost urgency.
If you run out just find some tar off the road you'd never know the difference.

I do hope that at least during this godgiven hell folk have discovered the devil's own wonder of veg.
I could do you veg boxes at astonishingly high prices!

Apart from 1 teaspoon in home made bread and a pinch in some cooking, we rarely use it. But I have an apple tree laden with fruit and the sugar is for home made wine. :sad:

I am just back from Herefordshire. Loads of Cider apple trees will go unpicked. Heineken are paying off farmers to not supply apples. They gave them 25 year contracts to supply cider apples (referred to as vintage) they are making them offers they can't refuse to get out of the contracts. Orchards being grubbed up because there excess production. Replacing them with raspberrys but mainly maize (far to hard to eat) which goes to a bio digester.
Two theory's insufficient demand or buying concentrates from Poland
Could of course be a bit of both.

Kryton521

Über Member
Just topped up with Muck Off protect and shine and wet lube from Aldi.

Mmmmmm Will you be able to stay on your saddle after using that? Personally if I run out of loo roll I'll just use water and a soft cloth!

Kryton521

Über Member
Was a bit naughty as I brought 500gms of yeast in Tesco. Will resupply from mill with bread flour. But shops shouldn't run out of anything until the trucks start backing up either side of Dover etc.

vickster

Legendary Member
Is anyone seeing empty shelves OUTSIDE of the lockdown areas (or areas at risk of imminent lockdown)?

We're in a 7-cases-per-100,000 district, the lowest category; so perhaps everyone's more relaxed here. So far ...
Yes. Asda locally was stripped of loo paper on Saturday other than fancy Andrex quilted.
20/100k in Sutton

Top Bottom