Covid Panic Buying 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Well if the loo roll's all gone i suppose you have to improvise.
There is always The Daily Mail. It must be good for something :laugh:

has this seriously started again 😩
and look where it got us last time
i just hope tesco et al get the restrictions in place sooner rather than later this time

figbat

Slippery scientist
I have two full tubs of general-purpose grease - I should be good until solar expansion means I'll need a thicker consistency.:sun:
We are, however, down to our last 40 or so bottles of wine. :ohmy:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
has this seriously started again 😩
and look where it got us last time
i just hope tesco et al get the restrictions in place sooner rather than later this time
Trouble is this stuffed the rational people like me last time. I shop approx once a week for a family of four. Normally buy 4x4pints of milk and 7 or 8 packs of muffins for all our packed lunches at work & school. Was stopped from doing this last time so had to visit multiple shops or shop a few times a week. Not really keeping with the minimum contact theory was it!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Edwards Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.
Kay : A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew there was enough toilet rolls for everyone . Imagine what you'll know tomorrow...
"Why might not whole communities and public bodies be seized with fits of insanity, as well as individuals? Nothing but this principle, that they are liable to insanity, equally at least with private persons, can account for the major part of those transactions of which we read in history."

Bishop Joseph Butler, 1692-1752​

Trouble is this stuffed the rational people like me last time. I shop approx once a week for a family of four. Normally buy 4x4pints of milk and 7 or 8 packs of muffins for all our packed lunches at work & school. Was stopped from doing this last time so had to visit multiple shops or shop a few times a week. Not really keeping with the minimum contact theory was it!
careful - you'll start a muffin rush.
Last time this madness started I seem to recall it took me three months to find some brown rice.

Still have 4kilos of wholemeal pasta down from 5 kilos from prior to coronavirus. Tons of packets of rice including those cook in the bag microwave rice's but all from pre coronavirus. I did order 6 pack of loo rolls but they didn't have them in and the substituted a 24 pack at the same price, so I am okay there. I think I maybe a preper with out knowing it. Also I am bargain hunter so not 100% preper.
I did panic buy 500gram 20p a pack spaghetti for the neighbors ducks and Aldi sweetcorn for her chickens but they were the ones panicking. I am assuming the chickens and ducks were unaware of coronavirus.

careful - you'll start a muffin rush.
Last time this madness started I seem to recall it took me three months to find some brown rice.
I had 2 kilos in pre coronavirus still have 1.5 kilos in. If they run out message me, I can let you have a kilo at £5 plus postage (Hermes). Although that will depend on the shortage, I may have to make it £10 for half a kilo.

Last edited:
It was the irrational people that stuffed you. Not the people who tried to fix the situation.

I had 2 kilos in pre coronavirus still have 1.5 kilos in. If they run out message me, I can let you have a kilo at £5 plus postage (Hermes). Although that will depend on the shortage, I may have to make it £10 for half a kilo.
Seem to remember it costs me about £1 a kilo and i eventually stocked up. Fine now. I use it very sparingly, bulked up with lots of healthy veg. I do hope that at least during this godgiven hell folk have discovered the devil's own wonder of veg.

Top Bottom