Covid Panic Buying 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I couldn't work out what the stick is actually for. Constipation?
For when they were dipping it in the water, and a bit of extra reach.

classic33

Leg End Member
Dipping's not good enough. You need to dunk it and squeeze it out a few times. The stick is redundant. As for the "extra reach".....that's plainly a non-starter. You might as well use Izal.
They didn't have Izal.

The extra reach works, when you work from the front.

I am just back from Herefordshire. Loads of Cider apple trees will go unpicked. Heineken are paying off farmers to not supply apples. They gave them 25 year contracts to supply cider apples (referred to as vintage) they are making them offers they can't refuse to get out of the contracts. Orchards being grubbed up because there excess production. Replacing them with raspberrys but mainly maize (far to hard to eat) which goes to a bio digester.
Two theory's insufficient demand or buying concentrates from Poland
Could of course be a bit of both.
how much cider is drunk in pubs? (were obviously shut for a while and now restricted?) - had the idea that a lot was bought from shops.
(I recommend Lidl's vintage cider, £1.15 for half a litre - north of 7 per cent)

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Also, no rice, paracetamol, bread flour, antibac wipes and very little cooking oil or pasta. Of the latter, all that was left was the stuff that's been on clearance like since forever. East Cambs has the fourth lowest infection rate in the country, so go figure... :scratch:

The furry girls are also very well catered for, as I've been availing myself of some very good offers on Sheba and Felix AGAIL, plus I'd just done a Zooplus re-order for the usual 10kg sack of Royal Canin Sensible 33 and 25kg of Benek Corn litter.

Crazy times. Out cats are well catered for - again bargains. We have almost 4 big bags of Purina One, but they were from next door for looking after their cat for 4 days - they'd got a bulk load for £2 a bag, and not £15 - pricing error. The spare boxes of felix AGAIL will stay in the garage just in-case we have to isolate given the amount they go through. They have demolished a box of 40 since Saturday.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I've already got a couple of 9spd chains, a 10spd chain, an 11spd chain, a 10spd cassette, 11spd cassette, chainrings for the 10spd commuter, spare set of tyres for the commuter, compressionless brake cable set, gear cable set and extra cables, disc brake pads for the MTBs and the Spyres on the commuter and an unused Charge Spoon saddle just in case!!!

I think I'm ready :laugh:

I've already got a couple of 9spd chains, a 10spd chain, an 11spd chain, a 10spd cassette, 11spd cassette, chainrings for the 10spd commuter, spare set of tyres for the commuter, compressionless brake cable set, gear cable set and extra cables, disc brake pads for the MTBs and the Spyres on the commuter and an unused Charge Spoon saddle just in case!!!

I think I'm ready :laugh:
That's nothing - I think I have 50 or 100 gear cables, maybe 50 brake cables, a box of 8 and 9 speed cassettes, lots of spare V brake gubbins, lolts of spare front and rear mechs, loads of gear and brake outers, two largish boxes of spare tubes, spare tyres, spare hubs, lots of 8 and 9 speed chains, well over 1000 ball bearings, loads and loads of V brake blocks, a box of sparfe saddles, and more ...
should see me out - if things get really desperate I can cannibalise the bikes - most are 9 speed.
I'm in this for the long haul.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
That's nothing - I think I have 50 or 100 gear cables, maybe 50 brake cables, a box of 8 and 9 speed cassettes, lots of spare V brake gubbins, lolts of spare front and rear mechs, loads of gear and brake outers, two largish boxes of spare tubes, spare tyres, spare hubs, lots of 8 and 9 speed chains, well over 1000 ball bearings, loads and loads of V brake blocks, a box of sparfe saddles, and more ...
should see me out - if things get really desperate I can cannibalise the bikes - most are 9 speed.
I'm in this for the long haul.
Forgot to mention my Tiagra Hollowtech BB, but I was kind of keeping quiet about that in case looting breaks out!!!

Crazy times. Out cats are well catered for - again bargains. We have almost 4 big bags of Purina One, but they were from next door for looking after their cat for 4 days - they'd got a bulk load for £2 a bag, and not £15 - pricing error. The spare boxes of felix AGAIL will stay in the garage just in-case we have to isolate given the amount they go through. They have demolished a box of 40 since Saturday.

Ah yes, the 3kg bags, I know the ones. I picked up some on sticker earlier in the year for a fiver a bag because they were short-dated. The 10kg sack of biscuits is about 6 months worth for the girls.

I have close to a year's supply of wet food put away - a box of 12 pouches lasts 6 days here.

Forgot to mention my Tiagra Hollowtech BB, but I was kind of keeping quiet about that in case looting breaks out!!!
I forgot to mention my three square taper BBs :smile:
( though one was taken out of a bike barely used and another is waiting for me to get down to a build)
oh - and two or three complete spare cranksets.
And an absolute load of chainrings - picked up cheapish for shimano stuff that is supposedly discontinued. A fair few of these are steel 22T so may never get used - form a queue at my funeral.

Top Bottom