Covid positives...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ukoldschool

I work at a very busy central London Hospital, so as you can imagine its a 'tad' busy at the moment... the only single positive from Covid I can find is the fact I can drive my car to work at the moment as the roads are dead, and I can actually get a space on site :okay:

Even though im using a tank of super plus unleaded a week, its still cheaper than the train and bike journey :laugh:

anyone else car commuting at the moment that wouldn't ordinarily do so?

I work at a very busy central London Hospital, so as you can imagine its a 'tad' busy at the moment... the only single positive from Covid I can find is the fact I can drive my car to work at the moment as the roads are dead, and I can actually get a space on site :okay:

Even though im using a tank of super plus unleaded a week, its still cheaper than the train and bike journey :laugh:

anyone else car commuting at the moment that wouldn't ordinarily do so?
Yep. It’s also hilarious when you find yourself behind someone who possibly shouldn’t be on the road, and suddenly they start obeying the speed limits.:laugh:

MarkF

Guru
Yeah, I've got lazy.............I too have started using a car because I can get parked, I don't have a staff car park pass but all parking restrictions around the hospital have been suspended. I've got four 6:30 starts later in the week so will get back on 2 wheels then.

OP
OP
ukoldschool

ukoldschool

Im doing it partly because its nice to drive, but also because its safer to use as little public transport as possible at the moment, for me and for them :tongue:

Drago

Legendary Member
I do very little mileage, and Mrs D does most of her motoring under electric power, but we're still saving money on fuel. Wear and tear will also be down, and once the cars are cleaned they're staying shiny for much longer.

gbb

Legendary Member
28 miles each workday in the car, it seems like there are more lorries than cars on the A1 at the moment. Colleague who has a more tortuous journey is finding it a breeze, not the usual hold ups and traffic.
104p a litre for fuel...a long time since it's been that cheap. Small wins.

D

Deleted member 26715

28 miles each workday in the car, it seems like there are more lorries than cars on the A1 at the moment. Colleague who has a more tortuous journey is finding it a breeze, not the usual hold ups and traffic.
104p a litre for fuel...a long time since it's been that cheap. Small wins.
I crossed the A1 just North of Worksop twice yesterday & saw 1 HGV & 2 cars, it can take me up to 12 minutes to cross once under normal circumstances

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm cycle commuting to and from my house :bicycle:. I gave up cycle commuting to the city centre after breaking my back over 4 years ago. The car has only been used for supermarket runs.

pawl

Legendary Member
Not sure what channel it was probably east mids A motorist on the M1 was stopped after being clocked at 110 mph.When questioned by the police about his journey he told them he was returning from London to Nottingham He had traveled from Nottingham to London to buy breadNo doubt he was stopped fo breaking the speed limit.

How about that for an excuse Perhaps he thought the breadmight go stale

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Camper van fuelled up on 18th March, hasn't moved since.
SWMBO Festa, fuelled up on 18th March, went to Aldi the same day and then again last week.
Volvo fuelled on 18th March, since been to pet shop for dog food, Costco and my 1 work shift last week.
I have to drive to work this week as collecting home office stuff to make working from home easier. I plan the bike for the night shifts, but with the roads being so quiet the bike advantage just isn't there at the moment..

Top Bottom