covid test today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I wasn't hearing of many positives in people I knew last time round, now it seems to be really prevalent!

Also not the first time I've heard of couples where one is +ve and one -ve, I don't really see how that's possible?

Sometimes the tests don't work, and also OP may be a day or two behind in 'infection', but if one has it, most likely both.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Hang in, stay positive and look after each other.

alicat

Legendary Member
Sometimes the tests don't work, and also OP may be a day or two behind in 'infection', but if one has it, most likely both.

Yes, that sounds likely. If you have both developed the symptoms at about the same time it would be odd if you had different illnesses. If Mrs R was infected first, she is more likely to test positive first.

Hoping your symptoms stay mild. :hugs:

Chris S

Legendary Member
There was a testing centre by Edgbaston Reservoir on Sunday. It was just a tent in a car park but I suppose that's all they need.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
argh best wishes
our place has had a number of people tested and pparantly a good % of one area off , tbh i cant see how were are supposed to even run in this conditon as your in close contact with most in your area even in passing imho they should stop but not us , we carry on

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I wasn't hearing of many positives in people I knew last time round, now it seems to be really prevalent!

Also not the first time I've heard of couples where one is +ve and one -ve, I don't really see how that's possible?

One may have been infected before the other , for instance at work, so not reached detectable levels for a positive in one but yes in other. It takes a while before you become infectious, it’s not straight away. Plus will also depend on how good immune system is at getting on top of virus. It’ll multiply at different rates in different people. It’ll also depend on the initial viral load each was infected with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
well monday night was spent in hospital after a turn for the worse, iv'e never known anything hit so quick , i got out of bed for the first time 30 mins ago ,and it wont be long until i am back in it, me and the wife seem to be 24 hours apart with severity of symptoms, i would'nt wish this on anyone , anyone who says ..oh its just flu.... bo!!ox....you really couldnt be more wrong.

good luck to anyone awaiting reults for either yourself or family member. and i really do mean that.. GOOD LUCK

Adam4868

Guru
well monday night was spent in hospital after a turn for the worse, iv'e never known anything hit so quick , i got out of bed for the first time 30 mins ago ,and it wont be long until i am back in it, me and the wife seem to be 24 hours apart with severity of symptoms, i would'nt wish this on anyone , anyone who says ..oh its just flu.... bo!!ox....you really couldnt be more wrong.

good luck to anyone awaiting reults for either yourself or family member. and i really do mean that.. GOOD LUCK
Feck Gaz,hope your feeling better soon.Wondered where you've been.Take care Adam

Top Bottom