Covid Vaccine: Direct experience of side effects

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
You were telling people to report side effects despite the fact that the more common side effects are already clearly documented on sheets supplied with medicines, why?
Presumably because it’s still a relatively new vaccine so the more side effects of concern reported, the better for all concerned including those still working on the vaccines?

vickster

Legendary Member
You were telling people to report side effects despite the fact that the more common side effects are already clearly documented on sheets supplied with medicines, why?
You can still report if they are known and combination of effects. So the manufacturer can also assess volumes/frequency which may not be so evident from trials.
I have to do this is my job however old the product is. It’s a legal obligation of manufacturers to gather and make available the information to regulators for as long as a product is available

lots of info about pharmacovigilance on net eg overview from ABPI
https://www.abpi.org.uk/media/1360/patient_safety_brochure.pdf

Last edited:

Craig the cyclist

Über Member

Because new medicines are subject to being 'black triangle' drugs for maybe a couple of years after launch. During this period all side effects should be reported. Then the data sheets are amended accordingly when more and more information is known, and changes made. It's the rarer ones which generally take a while to show up because, guess what? They are rarer.

So in trials a numb arm, sweaty and maybe a rash are shown. These go down as common side effects, in a group of maybe a few thousand, or sometimes just a few hundred people. If you stopped listing side effects at that point, then no new ones 'would be allowed' as it were. Now the AZ has been given to 10s of millions of people worldwide, new side effects are emerging. If no-one reported the blood clots then where would be?

One of the drugs that showed great efficacy and a vanishingly small side effect profile in early trials was of course thalidomide. When it was launched and given to all expectant mothers who were sick, look what happened.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
SWMBO had her second vaccine jab last week. No side effects from the first jab.

With this one she was over-tired for a couple of days afterwards but that's all

Drago

Legendary Member
Pfizer.

Day 1 - Incredible aching knees, elvows and shoulders.
Day 2 - Crushing headache.
Day 3, 4 and 5 - Extrme fatigue, could barely lift my arms at one point.

Mrs D had the Pfizer the same day, was as right as rain with no side effects whatsoever.

There is an NHS page for reporting side effects from prescribed drugs, and I duly reported it all there like the upstanding citizen I am.

Julia9054

Guru
Had the AZ vaccine. Slightly sore arm - that’s all. Went for a 45 mile easy bike ride on day 3 and was unreasonably tired and a bit dizzy after. Could have been the vaccine, could have been an eating/blood sugar thing.
Al had Pfizer and was fine until day 4 when he felt so ill (fever and stomach ache) that he had to come home from work. He’s never usually off work. Fine 24 hours later.
I‘ve got a couple of friends that had the weird freezing cold and can’t get warm no matter what they do effect.

MntnMan62

Über Member
I received the J&J vaccine yesterday. No side effects so far except that I felt like I've been drugged when I woke up this morning. Could easily have gone back to sleep. Feel like I'm in a fog. But I see that as minor. But this morning I read a news article that some states have stopped administering J&J vaccines due to the rare possibility of blood clots. Just great. Apparently they can occur 6 to 13 days after receiving the shot. So now I'm going to be stressing out for the next two weeks. It seems all of the clotting has been in women. But that doesn't make me feel comfortable about it. Bottom line, Covid sucks.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Both myself and my partner had tha AZ vacine. I felt a bit meh the next day but nothing worse. My partner had no side/after effects at all.
We both had Covid over Christmas so not sure if that made any difference.

contadino

Veteran
The wife and I had our first shot, AZ, a couple of weeks ago. She had nothing more than a sore arm. I felt a bit fuzzy for 24 hours. Nothing to write home about. Didn't even neck any meds.

Pfizer.

Day 1 - Incredible aching knees, elvows and shoulders.
Day 2 - Crushing headache.
Day 3, 4 and 5 - Extrme fatigue, could barely lift my arms at one point.

Mrs D had the Pfizer the same day, was as right as rain with no side effects whatsoever.

There is an NHS page for reporting side effects from prescribed drugs, and I duly reported it all there like the upstanding citizen I am.
All that bollox about your size and mass, a poxy jab puts you on your ar*e!

First jab (Phizer) no problems at all. Second jab, very sore arm, aching legs am muzzy headache and tiredness. The aching legs and tiredness lasted over a week.

Top Bottom