COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, because of the EU playing shenanigans, all you under 50's can't go to the pub. Leaves space for us oldies.:laugh:

But why should the EU's Conservative leader use state aid if the UK's Conservative leader says it did not help? Are you suggesting the EU should not learn from the UK PM's assessment of his own vaccine purchasing?
I say the EU should stop playing an blame game and trying to make their problem everyone's problem by banning exports and then adding a layer of BS on top so they don't call it banning export.
I say they should copy the uk in terms of how the uk has now been able to vaccinate half the population. I know i have linked and there are many articles explaining exactly what the uk did and what the eu did not(in terms as to why the uk has millions or vaccines and the eu has not), so maybe they should go and read those, i'm really not interested if the pm or the eu uberlord is conservative, liberal, or something in between because that's really not that relevant.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I say the EU should stop playing an blame game and trying to make their problem everyone's problem
It's already everyone's problem, like how Boris allowing breeding space for B.1.1.7 to emerge has become everyone's problem. No one is safe until we are all safe, like the WHO keeps saying.

by banning exports and then adding a layer of BS on top so they don't call it banning export.
I say they should copy the uk in terms of how the uk has now been able to vaccinate half the population.
So buy the entire production of all vaccines finished in the EU and then claim not to be banning exports? That's what the UK has done so far.

I know i have linked and there are many articles explaining exactly what the uk did and what the eu did not(in terms as to why the uk has millions or vaccines and the eu has not), so maybe they should go and read those, i'm really not interested if the pm or the eu uberlord is conservative, liberal, or something in between because that's really not that relevant.
Most of those links have just been directly contradicted by the UK PM and the rest require time travel (as well as being unconfirmed), don't they?

Julia9054

Guru
Absolutely - and I think practices are notifying their patients about this because of the problems that they've had with blocked phone lines

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-56456342

This Stockton practice apparently had 126,000 calls in one day - many (all?) asking about the vaccine. The worry is that people needing to contact their GP can't get through.
It would seem that if you are contacted via the NHS centrally, you can book dates at the same time for both vaccines but if you are contacted via a text from your GP, you can only book the first one. Amongst my friends, some have got the GP text first (me) and some the NHS central one.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It would seem that if you are contacted via the NHS centrally, you can book dates at the same time for both vaccines but if you are contacted via a text from your GP, you can only book the first one. Amongst my friends, some have got the GP text first (me) and some the NHS central one.

It seems there are some local differences.

The original text from my surgery said 'we are not dealing with vaccines directly, but we have passed your details to the vaccine centre who will contact you'.

That's what happened, and I was told by the centre they would be in touch nearer the time to arrange dose two.

My brother in Shropshire was invited to make two appointments at the same time, but I don't know who did his jab.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Same here (SE Lakes) - I booked online without GP invite and made both appointments. Wife booked following GP invite and was only able to book the first one with the 2nd on a TBA basis.

Both of us have had our firsts at the Kendal shopping centre.

It's already everyone's problem, like how Boris allowing breeding space for B.1.1.7 to emerge has become everyone's problem. No one is safe until we are all safe, like the WHO keeps saying.
Jup Boris allowed B.1.1.7 to emerge, and Bill Gates and 4g ar the secret agenda right? I get it you might not like Boris but blaming him for a new variant is a new low.
Sure no-one is safe until where all safe but lets do a fact check, almost all eu countries have quite a sctockpile of vaccines laying around it's not that they are at uk speed but lack the amount af vaccines it's quite the opposite so what use does it have to slow down the countires that has is sh*t (for once) in order? Isn't it better to stop, look what the uk did different and develop a strategy to vaccinate at the same speed.
So buy the entire production of all vaccines finished in the EU and then claim not to be banning exports? That's what the UK has done so far.
No that is not true the uk placed orders just as the eu,(the eu was late but what else is new?) in case of pfizer the uk is just a costumer just as the eu is, in case of Astrazeneca the UK just the knowledge and flexibility of no longer being an eu member to use their own way of testing and authorising an vaccine. Now it turned out way the eu is saying ''you evil uk you have stolen all the vaccines'' if it turned out the other way they would be on top of all the newspapers the blast the uk.for it's gamble.

Most of those links have just been directly contradicted by the UK PM and the rest require time travel (as well as being unconfirmed), don't they?
This one is from November: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...sitive-british-success-story-projecting-soft/
a few quotes

'' Unlike the Pfzer and Moderna jabs that have announced successful phase three results, the team behind the British vaccination intended from the start that their product would be capable of being used across the globe. ''

'' The project has been part-funded from the start by the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (Cepi), and AstraZeneca has committed to making the jab available at cost for low and middle income countries in perpetuity. ''

In other words the oxford vaccine was never developed for the uk only, surely the uk wanting to prove itself other political things are part behind it but it was a gloabal project from the very beginning, and instead of scaring compoanies away with chinense/russian like export controls/ company raids etc. they would do better just asking astrazeneca or any other viccine supplies what they need to speed up vaccination in the EU which is exactly what the UK did about a year ago.

vickster

Legendary Member
Well, because of the EU playing shenanigans, all you under 50's can't go to the pub. Leaves space for us oldies.:laugh:
Why not? I went to the pub last summer and wasn't vaccinated.

It just means that you vaccinated old men may not get really sick or die if you do catch Covid :wacko:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Same here (SE Lakes) - I booked online without GP invite and made both appointments. Wife booked following GP invite and was only able to book the first one with the 2nd on a TBA basis.

Both of us have had our firsts at the Kendal shopping centre.
Ditto for NW Cheshire.
Both myself and Mrs B booked through the mass vaccination system and both got two appointments. Mrs B has also, in error, been picked up in the GP vaccination system. The latter were only providing the first jab appointment.

Top Bottom