COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buck

Guru
Why is the daily rate of vaccination so low? Is this a lack of demand or lack of supply or a lack of delivery means?
What is the uptake percentage in under 30s?
Lack of demand

there is certainly no shortage of vaccines. In fact, risk of it going out of date. We’ve now started to hit the “don’t want” groups.

No change whatsoever? So you're not going to bin your mask, or whatever it was you posted earlier? Yippee!

I don't know why you repeatedly direct that daft comment at me. I've not been stuck indoors. I've been volunteering to deliver stuff to those who were shielding, amongst other things. I still think it's a stupid unnecessary risk to bet everything on vaccination and then surrender now. Not everyone who's been out and about minds taking small measures like covering our faces, queuing with space between us and shoot like that. After all, many cyclists cover much of their faces at least half the year anyway!
Bit touchy?
Directed at no-one specifically, you just seem to think everyone will be affected by the lifting of restrictions whereas for plenty of people it will make no difference at all.

I like to point out your World isn't the only one in existence, field based workers for example.

Don't make statements that aren't true then, loads of people will carry on as they have been for ages, just because you think there's going to be a massive change in your world, for many nothing has altered.

Last edited:

Solocle

Über Member
1626715499470.png

Well, I got PCRed negative, was nice to get out of the house yesterday, even if briefly!
Capture4_1.JPG

So either my exposure wasn't too bad, or one dose 5 weeks ago did its job. Could be both or neither.

No classical COVID symptoms at any point (some coughing, but that just goes with asthma). I did feel in a general malaise the day after I got the ping, but that was quite likely just stress.

Ajax Bay

Guru

Ajax Bay

Guru
Antibody Response
The interval between vaccine doses for Pfizer/BioNTech (mRNA) vaccine was lengthened in the UK to accelerate population coverage with a single dose, and was strongly opposed by the BMA et al (the longer gap had not been tested).
JCVI were very confident in their judgement (implemented wef 31 Dec) and new research has backed their educated hunch: a 10+ week gap may have resulted in a stronger response to the second dose.
The preprint from the PITCH study* suggested that after a priming first dose of that vaccine, there was a marked decline in neutralising antibody responses over a 10-week period, but that T-cell responses were well-maintained. As a single dose of vaccine is known to offer significant protection, this suggests that T cells may be an important part of the protection from illness mechanism.
It found that following the second dose, the longer interval resulted in twice as high neutralising antibodies against all variants of the virus, including the Delta variant, compared with the shorter dosing interval.
* Led by the Universities of Oxford and Liverpool - 503 healthcare workers.
An expert commented: ". . . vaccinologists will not be surprised by the findings of this study".
Edit: The takeaway is, younger ones: bear in mind that the shorter the gap between jabs the lower overall protection you'll develop. Balanced against that, protection of only 33% after first jab improves to (say) 80% (figures vary between vaccine, protection 'gainst what and within a confidence interval). So getting the second jab at less than 10 weeks maybe one sweet now rather than two later.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

classic33

Leg End Member
Facebook says Irish anti-vaxxers group that coordinates fake bookings and reviews is OK by them. https://www.thejournal.ie/anti-vax-cert-facebook-page-businesses-targetted-5507965-Jul2021/
If you took the time to read it, it's not anti vaxxers, it's digital covid certificates that are the cause of the problem. You require both jabs to be allowed indoors, when they reopened.

"On the Facebook page of around 600 members, people opposed to the use of Covid certificates to reopen indoor dining have been posting the names of businesses that are reopening to criticise them, and praising the businesses which have chosen not to reopen."

Reactions: C R

classic33

Leg End Member
Ok, anti-vaxxers and fellow travellers. Look at the group members and most are members of outright anti-vax groups and pages too.
Non essential intercounty travel only restarted this month, with non essential international travel restarting on the same day as pubs and other venues were allowed to reopen. And they've been better at keeping to travel restriction limits than we have.

I've not bothered looking at the facebook group, to see who's saying what. I followed the link you provided, with you saying it was anti vaxxers.

Top Bottom