COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
94% SpO2 is the lowest limit I am taught to accept as being safe if I am monitoring for any reason, any lower and I get twitchy and reach for the oxygen. Something to do with oxygen dissociation curves.

94% SpO2 is the lowest limit I am taught to accept as being safe if I am monitoring for any reason, any lower and I get twitchy and reach for the oxygen. Something to do with oxygen dissociation curves.
What does this mean?

midlife

Guru
See post 4364, if your oxygen sats are that low you are really not well and are a whisker away from being in hospital.

Reactions: C R

newts

Veteran
94 % spO2 is good for your age. In super fit people it can dip down much lower at night.
I was advised if it dropped to 93% i should dial 999 immediately.
Apparently there's a narrow window to give you oxygen boost before things turn nasty quite quickly.
It's been a slow climb upwards over 10 days & now hovering at 96/97%.
I don't normally use Salbutamol because my asthma is well controlled but for 2 days i was puffing at it faster than Chris Froome on race day!

Last edited:
I was advised if it dropped to 93% i should dial 999 immediately.
Apparently there's a narrow window to give you oxygen boost before things turn nasty quite quickly.
It's been a slow climb upwards over 10 days & now hovering at 96/97%.
I don't normally use Salbutamol because my asthma is well controlled but for 2 days i was puffing at it faster than Chris Froome on race day!
You people measure your Oxygen levels?

newts

Veteran
You people measure your Oxygen levels?
DR gave me a pulse oxymeter to measure for 14 days. Temp, pulse & SpO2 levels are entered into an app 3 times a day (national data monitoring for covid & recovery), it's monitored by local health authority, who ring you if they notice a trend that's not right. The app will also tell you to call 111/999 if a reading is way of limits.

Last edited:
DR gave me a pulse oxymeter to measure for 14 days. Temp, pulse & SpO2 levels are entered into an app 3 times a day (national data monitoring for covid & recovery), it's monitored by local health authority, who ring you if they notice a trend that's not right. The app will also tell you to call 111/999 if a reading is way of limits.
Why, you ill?

Top Bottom