COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I agree its utter twaddle/ rubbish and total brainwashing in the media. The many thousands that have died previously from respiratory diseases prior to the last 2 years were never even mentioned.
Which do you mean? Most of the common ones aren’t highly contagious

Landsurfer

Veteran
Which do you mean? Most of the common ones aren’t highly contagious
FLU ......?
But thank god there hasn’t been a single flu case last year or this so far ...
Julie’s booked her booster ... Friday the 24th ...
.... the Jabbathon is with us ....
"Mass Jabbing events” .. in football stadiums .... full of people wanting jabbed .... Or Targets as certain terrorist groups call them ...
Just saying .......

Last edited by a moderator:

Milzy

Guru
You are witnessing the biggest transfer of wealth the world has ever seen ... and most people have no idea it is taking place.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I’ve been around loads of infected people but never caught it. Same story with my brother & sister. We must have genes that won’t take it on.
That’s quite possible. We had this discussion at work but centered round AIDS . Some folk back in the day didn’t ever get it , natural immunity apparently. COVID might be the same but you will never know !!

Landsurfer

Veteran
The R number for flu is a little over 1.

The R number for the Omicron variant is reckoned to be about 3.5

So no, flu isn't "highly contagious".
Death toll from flu in the tens of thousands
Death toll from Omicron ... oh wait ... oops .... Zero .....

Julies surprised just how long she has to wait for her booster ...
Had mine weeks ago ...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
FLU ......?
But thank god there hasn’t been a single flu case last year or this so far ...
What was the last year when flu killed 100,000 in the UK?

Julie’s booked her booster ... Friday the 24th ...
.... the Jabbathon is with us ....
"Mass Jabbing events” .. in football stadiums .... full of people wanting jabbed .... Or Targets as certain terrorist groups call them ...
Just saying .......
2 metre distancing makes it rather difficult to target them with a bomb and there's enough security at most of the sites I've seen that I hope a gunman would be neutralised pretty quickly. Something to thank the anti-vaxers for? ;)

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Sorry to be techie but:
mjr@bletchley:~$ host www.nhs.uk
www.nhs.uk
is an alias for nhswebsite-production.edgekey.net.
nhswebsite-production.edgekey.net is an alias for e10931.ig15.akamaiedge.net.
e10931.ig15.akamaiedge.net has address 104.89.75.74

Akamai Edge is a similar sort of thing. Once that's involved (and if it's set up right), you've often no way of telling how many servers are really involved or where. Imagine a website equivalent of Legion from Red Dwarf. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akamai_Technologies#Akamai_Intelligent_Edge_Platform https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_(Red_Dwarf)

As others mention, their spaceless NHS numbers were accepted... but I believe you and think such neatening might have been removed during a surge.

Standard content delivery stuff for any website that sees large volumes of traffic.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom