COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I think people have to make their own minds up really. But they don't seem to be given the chance to do so really.
I think its really disgraceful that a lot of very elderly and vulnerable people will become even more isolated by this total utter hogwash.

Rocky

Hello decadence
@Moderators ….. please can we cut the conspiracy theories from this important thread and stick to discussing Covid vaccines?

midlife

Guru
I think people have to make their own minds up really. But they don't seem to be given the chance to do so really.
I think its really disgraceful that a lot of very elderly and vulnerable people will become even more isolated by this total utter hogwash.

I’m a little confused, do you think that the COVID 19 pandemic is hogwash or the vaccines ?

Landsurfer

Veteran
Good point Rocky.
so ..
"One is tempted to ask: if it were not for the mass testing, would the nation as a whole even be aware of this omicron wave? But that is to utter heresy in the age of Covid.”
From the Daily Telegraph today ... that the vaccines work or are effective is beyond doubt ... but do we actually need the booster is the question ... it’s a vaccine question Rocky.

Alex321

Veteran
... that the vaccines work or are effective is beyond doubt ... but do we actually need the booster is the question ... it’s a vaccine question Rocky.

I don't think there is really even much question there. Against the Delta variant, the booster was raising protection from 75% after two jabs to over 90% after the booster as well. With a similar apparent level of improvement (from a lower baseline, so not 90%) against Omicron.

The general population being aware of Omicron or not doesn't make much difference to the spread, but does make it easier for the politicians to explain why there is a surge in cases and why we need further restriction.

Alex321

Veteran
I don't believe in a million years if I have got this right that only 3% of people who died within 28 days of testing positive with Covid died of something else and not Covid.

All the BS reporting hurts my brain, all anyone wants is accurate numbers on deaths, vaccine injury, etc.
Why do you have difficulty in believing that?

Why do you think it isn't reasonably accurate?

roadrash

cycle chatterer
I think its really disgraceful that a lot of very elderly and vulnerable people will become even more isolated by this total utter hogwash

1st point , everyone does have the chance to make their own minds up whether to have the vaccine or not, perhaps you can you some evidence to the contrary

2nd point I cannot make until you clarify just what it is that you think is utter hogwash. is it the vaccine , the booster, covid ????

Why do you have difficulty in believing that?

Why do you think it isn't reasonably accurate?

Well for one the office for National Statistics says "COVID-19 is the underlying cause of death in around 92% of deaths where it was mentioned on the death certificate."

Alex321

Veteran
Well for one the office for National Statistics says "COVID-19 is the underlying cause of death in around 92% of deaths where it was mentioned on the death certificate."
"Mentioned on the death certificate" isn't the same thing as "within 28 days of testing positive". Though TBH, I'm surprised that it is as low as that when mentioned on the death certificate.

"Mentioned on the death certificate" isn't the same thing as "within 28 days of testing positive". Though TBH, I'm surprised that it is as low as that when mentioned on the death certificate.

This is the thing, why report " within 28 days after testing positive"
Just report Covid as the main cause of death although I have no idea how a doctor would know how someone dies for sure without an autopsy.

Top Bottom