COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Julies off for her booster today and my grandson, 18, is off for his first ... booked appointments not standing around in the rain.
We had a txt from our GP’S surgery last night telling us they have shut down for all health care for the rest of the month, Covid boosters only.

Booster booked for evening of the 21st: so a sort of Solstice celebration!
(think I got lucky booking so easily, in walking distance of home - mustn't grumble etc ... )

I shall hug everyone I meet on the way home.

Ajax Bay

Guru
A couple of interesting snippets from the 'around the world' brief on Medscape - hoping this will pass the @Rocky test :notworthy:
"The Brazil government have taken a stand against the requirement of a health passport. Last Monday, the MoH vaccination website was inaccessible because of "preventive maintenance", however, the Health Minister later admitted that the site had suffered a new cyberattack attempt: the website and the application ConecteSUS, a platform that shows proof of vaccination against COVID-19, suffered a ransomware attack by hackers. The problem also affected the system for reporting cases of the disease." (edited)
"An unnamed man in New Zealand is being investigated for receiving 10 doses of COVID-19 vaccine in one day at multiple vaccination centers after being allegedly paid to impersonate other individuals."
Comment: Only ID asked for in UK vaccination centres is, I think, DoB. Perhaps the 'reception desk' should ask for age as well or ask which doctors' surgery they are registered with? As a confidence/cross check (for the un-mathed imposter).

Julia9054

Guru
Julies off for her booster today and my grandson, 18, is off for his first ... booked appointments not standing around in the rain.
We had a txt from our GP’S surgery last night telling us they have shut down for all health care for the rest of the month, Covid boosters only.
What happens if someone is ill? A&E?

Buck

Guru
The directive is no routine appointments where those staff are being redeployed to the vaccine effort. Only emergencies including those that may indicate cancer.

Other key appointments such as cervical screening continue due to the associated risk of cancer and the prevention strategy being high on the Ganesha.

Ajax Bay

Guru
4.9 million booster or third doses delivered in the UK in the past seven days. Wow! Bravo to NHS (ESW&NI), pharmacies and volunteers across the United Kingdom.
[To which add about 75k in Wales not reported.]
Still over 4M have had one dose but not second (51M - 47M). Wonder how many of those under 18?
Over 18 UK population = 53M
12-17 = 4.6M.
Edit to add:
Total number of people (black) who received a 2nd dose at least 90 days ago and (in blue) number of 3rd doses given (up to yesterday, England) black bar is a proxy for number eligible now for a third dose. The high rates over 65, and to a lesser extent over 50, can offer optimism over the numbers of break-through infections severe enough to require hospitalisation. Also I read that the increased protective effect of a third dose kicks in quicker than the first/second.
1639948449458.png

As an aside daily first dose rate seems a bit up. Those who still refuse will get a level of immunity via the nasal route soon enough; just hope it's not a severe process for them and that they don't end up with long term effects

Last edited:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Comment: Only ID asked for in UK vaccination centres is, I think, DoB. Perhaps the 'reception desk' should ask for age as well or ask which doctors' surgery they are registered with? As a confidence/cross check (for the un-mathed imposter).

I was asked my date of birth, to give part of my address and which doctor's practice I was registered with before getting in to get my jab

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Booking online requires a lot more detail, for example NHS number and it's hard to imagine walk-ins at vaccination centres are treated very differently. However online bookings do have the question "Do you know your NHS number. Answer Yes or No." I suspect DOB and name would be sufficient for a database search to find a registered person. I think we all have an NHS number?

There has to be a mechanism because without one people would not be able to obtain a Covid pass.

Booking online requires a lot more detail, for example NHS number and it's hard to imagine walk-ins at vaccination centres are treated very differently. However online bookings do have the question "Do you know your NHS number. Answer Yes or No." I suspect DOB and name would be sufficient for a database search to find a registered person. I think we all have an NHS number?

There has to be a mechanism because without one people would not be able to obtain a Covid pass.
Just say NO!

And you're in - booking my jab (for tomorrow) was really quick and easy.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Son no. 2, age 17 and a twig, had his second vaccination this morning - promptly passing out afterwards :eek:

Cue an army media scooping him up, into a wheelchair and off to resus with him waking up en route. All was fine pretty much immediately, but he got them worried for a few minutes.

classic33

Leg End Member
Son no. 2, age 17 and a twig, had his second vaccination this morning - promptly passing out afterwards :eek:

Cue an army media scooping him up, into a wheelchair and off to resus with him waking up en route. All was fine pretty much immediately, but he got them worried for a few minutes.
Hopefully no bumps or bruises.

lazybloke

Considering a new username

A faint from a jab is one thing, usually with a quick recovery like your son.

A faint after donating blood seems infinitely worse, like you're dying! Tea and biscuits have never been so welcome.

Top Bottom