COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh and she was complaining about people not wearing masks and not cleaning their coffee shop table upon leaving...so is clearly highly concerned about catching it (and asked me loads of questions about it when I had in late October).
Just strange :wacko:
If she's still asking questions, it means there's still 'a way in' for her to be convinced to get the vaccine. Let's hope it happens before it's too late.

Reactions: C R

vickster

Legendary Member
If she's still asking questions, it means there's still 'a way in' for her to be convinced to get the vaccine. Let's hope it happens before it's too late.
Hopefully. I just find it astonishing that despite her evident concern for her mum, she won’t get jabbed. Must be something else going on.
She works in the same industry as me (healthcare market research) so she can’t be anti medicine/big pharma!

Had come across some who have underlying medical condition whether real or perceived and afraid to take the vaccine. They are not hooked into the anti vaxx frequency, just unfounded fear. The authorities should target a educational and information program for these people and bring them in. Not aware of any programme for this lot.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

vickster

Legendary Member
Ok fine. Except there’s now minimal AZ out there so it would be unfounded.
I wonder if she’s taken the pill in the past or might consider HRT in future both of which have a higher associated risk of clots (not to mention Covid itself!)

Good afternoon,
The suspicion, in the cases I have heard, is that those refusing to be identified are not in the country legally but do want to be vaccinated.

Unfortunately they cause delays for others by being more difficult to process.
As mentioned either before or on another thread, the big database can't find me.

Yet I have been to three walk in centres, shown my driving licence and have been given an injection within the time it takes the admin person to do a few head scratches and check with a supervisor.

I really get the impression that the walk in centres have a different attitude to well established NHS sites, maybe they have a lot of temp staff who haven't had years of indoctrination and quite possibly more comfortable dealing with the edge cases.

To borrow from https://www.essexcovidvaccine.nhs.u...mber-and-who-are-not-registered-with-a-GP.pdf
  • You do not need to be registered with a GP to receive a COVID-19 vaccination, and you do not need an NHS number to receive a COVID-19 vaccination.
  • You do not need to provide ID to receive a COVID-19 vaccination, although (except for Janssen single dose) you will need to provide enough information to be contacted for your second dose. This does not mean a person has to give their full or legal name or address.
  • No one should be denied or turned away from any site or prevented from booking for these reasons

There is of course a Gotcha, without an NHS number you can't get a COVID passport as NIMS doesn't support any form of temporary id number.

If you look at https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/coronavirus-outbreak.256913/page-1311 post 19,653 you will see an Unlinked column, which is showing the number of deaths where an NHS number could not be found and passed to NIMS. It may surprise some that such situations exist and sure the numbers are low but at around 0.5% to 1% they are a long way from being effectively zero.

Bye

Ian

Last edited:
When the Upper Arm Jabbing Technician was giving me the usual quiz questions yesterday, I had to admit that I was starting to lose track of how many jabs I'd had!
I can remember three (and I'll remember that this one was with masks, in the dark, and it was freezing), but I might start to struggle from four onwards ...

In all seriousness, that would make part of a good Public Advert for jabs! Or at least use the same tone :smile:

Ajax Bay

Guru
4.9 million booster or third doses delivered in the UK in the past seven days. Wow!
6.2 million booster or third doses delivered in the UK in the past seven days. Even more Wow! (and plaudits to NHS and vaccine organisation and all volunteers). I hope that the over 60s already have a high take up rate (data anywhere anyone?)
The increased protection this'll give (experts suggest the enhancement kicks in days not a fortnight) should allow the UK to get through this without too much more NPIs In England). And Wales and Scotland screwing down will help keep the averages lower.
London's cosmopolitan population is the least vaccinated in the whole country: we might expect cases in the rest of the UK to be less peaky. The rate of increase in hospitalisations there will, if sustained, overwhelm London's hospitals at a time of year when they're already (in normal winters even) under strain. Lump onto that the number of staff off sick/'isolation because in contact with' and we'll be seeing patients transported to the home counties' hospitals next week.

Buck

Guru
For us, the over 65s with Booster is running at high 80%s

this increases to low 90%s for the over 70s and above.

weakest areas are pregnant women and those with no clinical risk aged 18 to 49 at c32-35%

Ajax Bay

Guru
I wonder what the chances are of an unvaccinated pregnant woman catching Covid current variant is, however careful she is (?home birth planned)? Pretty high I'd have thought. And rationally, do these mothers-to-be think that's a better lower-risk option than the negligible risk of vaccination (assumes no contra-indications to vaccination)? Do they want to risk serious illness during pregnancy? Do they want to nurture the baby while suffering post-COVID effects post partum.
Do all midwives sing from the same NHS-provided carol sheet?

Buck

Guru
We’ll we know the answer to the last question and that’ll be a resounding no!

There is a real anxiety from expectant mums that the vaccine could be harmful fuelled by inaccurate SM posts and remembering that the majority of these patients will be in the prime age group for SM activity!

this is a good infographic
https://www.npeu.ox.ac.uk/assets/downloads/MBRRACE-UK_Rapid_COVID_19_2021_-__Infographic_v10.pdf
MBRRACE-UK_Rapid_COVID_19_2021_-__Infographic_v10.pdf

Top Bottom