COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
If you're too reluctant to take a potentially life-saving vaccine when pregnant, does that fear continue beyond childbirth? Has uptake of MMR and other vaccines dropped?

midlife

Guru
Mutterings at work this week about jab number 4 coming our way. Will have to wait and see....

Ajax Bay

Guru
Stumbled on this (from October - KeeptalkingGreece) [some precising]
Anti-vaxxers bribe doctors for “vaccination” with water, end up with the real vaccine
Mass fake vaccinations have been taking place in dozens of vaccination centres throughout Greece
Bribe = 400 euros, paid by those who do not want to receive the vaccines but want to gain a vaccination certificate which would allow access to several activities and/or avoid mandatory every 3 day testing.
But doctors pocketed the bribe but administered real vaccine and not “water” in order to avoid "getting into trouble".
FBRb3I9XsAAiqn_?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

According to newspaper tovima, some 100 to 200 vaccination centre s (2,000 in Greece) and 200-300 doctors and nurses have been involved. Over 100,000 have obtained 'fake' vaccination certificates [Comment: Except they aren't 'fake' are they?]
Fake Vaccinations with the real thing: it’s complicated
Can you imagine? Duped anti-vaxxers could have the usual side effects of the vaccine, go to doctors' and find out that they were administered the real thing [Comment: Except they wouldn't find that out.]
On the positive side: they now have antibodies against the coronavirus.
On the negative side, though: they underwent a medical treatment without their consent.
Can they sue the doctors? Yes, if they admit they bribed them with the aim of a fake vaccination certificate.
Legal action? Mmmm?

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Apparently the police in Greece are reportedly not agreeing with all the information published in tovima, but it's unclear exactly what they do not agree with. Suspect most likely (apart from a real challenge on 'evidence') the Greek police either don't agree with other occupations taking bribes without sharing a few 'cuts' around; or cuts have been shared around.
The issue of vaccine certificate integrity is sure to blossom across Europe, and even here (after Commons vote - NB this is a practical not a political issue). A sure fire money making opportunity for criminals with low downside for participants.
Will be interesting to see how the mandatory vaccination for UK-wide NHS staff and support workers is finessed as we run up to 1 April.

I've just had a text from the NHS telling me to get a booster, over a month after I had it done (Nov 20th).

I was just coming on here to say that - after having had my booster on October - 20th? I think - October anyway, so I would be all safely boosted up and ready for the big exhibition at the Harrogate Conference Centre on Nov 17th & 18th, I've just got a text off the NHS, too, telling me to get one ... I wonder if I should phone up 119 and ask to book another one ... after all it's over 2 mo since my last one!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Mutterings at work this week about jab number 4 coming our way. Will have to wait and see....
There will be jab 4. The only question is when. I hope it will be next autumn so vaccine equipment makers can get on delivering jab 1&2 to more countries.

Buck

Guru
The NHS has sent out blanket text messages to all eligible in the hope that any who haven’t had will come forward.
yes, some who have had will receive a text but I guess they didn’t want to rely on all records being 100% accurate as we know that some admin errors will have occurred.

Buck

Guru
Second booster are mooted to be 3 months after the first booster but this will depend upon the severity of Omicron.

Boosters are already being planned for next year alongside the flu vaccination programme.

classic33

Leg End Member
The NHS has sent out blanket text messages to all eligible in the hope that any who haven’t had will come forward.
yes, some who have had will receive a text but I guess they didn’t want to rely on all records being 100% accurate as we know that some admin errors will have occurred.
Seems a lot easier than having folk saying they've not heard anything about their third/booster jab.

Buck

Guru
More pressing is the need for those who are immuno suppressed to get their third primary dose and then their booster plus preganant women. Too high risk groups where uptake is relatively low a d they will directly benefit from having the vaccine.

I had my 4th dose this week so done for a while !

Top Bottom