COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buck

Guru

Buck

Guru
I think @fossyant was joking there.
I got the text too: for a targeted "marketing" campaign it seems to me a bit unprofessional, like Ian said, spam like.
Yes, I was already treble jabbed when I got the text.
Of course, like said upthread, it's legal for the government to send out such messages: in this case, I feel the campaign makes the government look desperate for everybody to have the booster.
Could be the booster is really the answer to the latest Coronavirus variant, or could be that the government has so many vaccines going out of date, may as well use them? :whistle:
I have accepted any jab that's come my way :laugh: because, every rare time I'm not well (maybe once in a decade), it has always had to do with my respiratory apparatus.

vaccines aren’t going out of date any time soon They are in the freezer and only defrosted for demand.
mid they are unused/not needed then they will be donated to other countries via COVAX

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
It is not really credible to me to say that many people who have mobile phones will not be aware of the booster programme, so this is not genuine new information it is pure marketing.

It is however credible that people aware of the booster program, but have not bothered so far, may be prompted into action by the text.

The winter flu vaccine programme was brought down to 50 and above last winter. I wasn’t going to bother. I got a text inviting me, decided what the hell, and went and got jabbed. Without the text I’d probably have not got round to it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I got the text too: for a targeted "marketing" campaign it seems to me a bit unprofessional, like Ian said, spam like.
Yes, I was already treble jabbed when I got the text.

:whistle: gave it away. :wacko:

It's only like the 'public service announcement' going out on terrestrial TV about getting boosted. Thing is, most youngsters don't watch terrestrial TV, so next best is a text coming direct from the srvie provider to all phones. Simple to do. I got my text this morning - already vaxxed.

PaulSB

Legendary Member

Could be the booster is really the answer to the latest Coronavirus variant,
As one who is jabbed and boosted and currently isolating I'm happy the vaccines have worked for me. My routine LFT was positive last Tuesday, a PCR the same day confirmed this, my first "get out of jail" LFT this morning was positive. During the past six days I've had a soar throat for 48 hours, cough, runny nose and sneezing yet at no point have I felt in anyway unwell. Bizarre? Yes. True? Yes.

I had a terrible cold 5-6 weeks ago which put me in bed for three days, my wife for 4 days, and I wasn't fully recovered when I tested positive. That cold was awful, Covid hasn't made me feel at all unwell. It has to be the vaccine.

Buck

Guru
Haven’t seen anything on their website other than a fourth for immuno compromised. Perhaps you can provide a link? The history of vaccines says that a single booster (after first couple) is usually enough to give long lasting the immunity.

It’s not in the public domain as yet so nothing to quote/link to hence me saying mooted. Being talked about on the system calls and we are looking at how we might respond to such an ask.

Personally, I think a lot will depend on the infection and hospitalisation rates following the booster campaign.

JCVI will also make their recommendations formally to the NHS once they have been determined.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
It’s not in the public domain as yet so nothing to quote/link to hence me saying mooted. Being talked about on the system calls and we are looking at how we might respond to such an ask.

Personally, I think a lot will depend on the infection and hospitalisation rates following the booster campaign.

JCVI will also make their recommendations formally to the NHS once they have been determined.

Sounds like it’s just planning for different scenarios rather than mooted. Part of normal planning.

Buck

Guru
I’m not going to get into a circular debate on here but it is being discussed hence the word mooted (aka debated/discussed) but yes, all options are available at this present time as nobody knows what the next few weeks will bring.

You could argue nothing has significance until it actually happens. The vast majority of posts are a replay of people’s experiences, thoughts and views sprinkled with information from various sources.

It wasn’t a statement of fact In that it WILL happen but that it is now being given serious consideration based on the waning levels of immunity and the desire to keep the population immunity at its highest possible levels.

I know what we have been told, asked to do and are doing. I guess only time will tell.

postman

Legendary Member
I am pleased that more people are having jabs and boostersBut the nhs is more than just for covid,I wonder how many people like me are sliding down a Very long waiting list ladder.My hydrocele op has been cancelled and I am still waiting for my mri scan results of my prostate.There are illnesses other than covid and we would like our treatment.

Top Bottom