COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
I'm seeing reports of AntiVaxxers block booking vaccinations to prevent access to those who want to be vaccinated.

Grrrr!

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I'm seeing reports of AntiVaxxers block booking vaccinations to prevent access to those who want to be vaccinated.

I'd be very surprised if the booking system allows multiple bookings for the same individual.

If it does, then abusers should be locked up for a month, and the designer for a year ...

But more likely an urban myth.

Alex321

Veteran
I'd be very surprised if the booking system allows multiple bookings for the same individual.

If it does, then abusers should be locked up for a month, and the designer for a year ...

But more likely an urban myth.
They could do it by getting a list of names & addresses form the electoral register, then booking while saying they don't know their NHS number.

Still seems a bit unlikely. But who knows what some of them might do.

Buck

Guru
No shows or DNAs (Did Not Atrend) are many and varied.
They can be people who simply forgot or are unwell and unable to get the vaccine.
we are finding though that many are ones who have hedged their bets and booked on the NBS and also with their local GP then pick and choose on the day which they prefer to attend!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
No shows or DNAs (Did Not Atrend) are many and varied.
They can be people who simply forgot or are unwell and unable to get the vaccine.
we are finding though that many are ones who have hedged their bets and booked on the NBS and also with their local GP then pick and choose on the day which they prefer to attend!
Or they can be ones turned away by the bouncers because the NHS hasn't been keeping up with JCVI and gov.uk actions.

Buck

Guru
Or they can be ones turned away by the bouncers because the NHS hasn't been keeping up with JCVI and gov.uk actions.

I'm not going to get into a debate about that. Granted the complexities of eligibility are not making this easier but it takes two minutes to check.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Had my first major dissatisfaction with the booking system when trying to get 2nd jab appts arrange for my children yesterday, the "nearest" vaccination centre is currently a 28 mile drive!

vickster

Legendary Member
A friend of mine (late 40s, an ex nurse) is unvaccinated (some unfounded fear about blood clots and a sister had some minor side effects), just had a Covid scare after being a close contact with a positive case, tested negative in the end.
However, she was super concerned as she lives with her elderly mother (who is thankfully vaxed and boosted). I asked her if now she would actually get vaccinated...her reply "nah"...I told her she is a fool...I've not had a reply. She was also complaining about how unpleasant the PCR nose swab was...I suggested that full blown Covid could be far worse... Some people :wacko:

vickster

Legendary Member
Oh and she was complaining about people not wearing masks and not cleaning their coffee shop table upon leaving...so is clearly highly concerned about catching it (and asked me loads of questions about it when I had in late October).
Just strange :wacko:

Top Bottom