Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
The other issue is that a rise of infection may lead to problems in the workplace and business being able to function due to people of ill and or isolating?

The unvaccinated are the big problem imo although the current situation seems massively over-egged (deliberately?)

I don't think that is true, unvaccinated under 50 which is the majority of unvaxed people accounts for a very small proportion of deaths

markemark

Über Member
I don't think that is true, unvaccinated under 50 which is the majority of unvaxed people accounts for a very small proportion of deaths View attachment 623105

From your table Under 50s. Total deaths = 156. Unvaccinated deaths = 89. That is 57% of deaths of under 50s are unvaccinated. As they make up roughly 10% of the population, that means they are taking up way more deaths than they should do. There are 9 times as many vaccinated as unvaccinated meaning the unvaccinated are approx 12 times more likely to die. Let along the amount of NHS care they are being given.

PK99

Legendary Member
Important information about new treatments for coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just received an official NHS email with above heading

Because I fall into a particularly vulnerable set of conditions

I'm going to be sent a home PCR kit
If I get symptoms I use the kit.
If positive I will be contacted to arrange treatment.

email does not state, but I guess this refers to the new Antivirals

And today received a Bar-coded, personal use only, priority self-test PCR kit and instructions for priority posting or courier service to submit after testing.

The system is working - for me and a friend in a similar priority category

From your table Under 50s. Total deaths = 156. Unvaccinated deaths = 89. That is 57% of deaths of under 50s are unvaccinated. As they make up roughly 10% of the population, that means they are taking up way more deaths than they should do. There are 9 times as many vaccinated as unvaccinated meaning the unvaccinated are approx 12 times more likely to die. Let along the amount of NHS care they are being given.

Unvaccinated Under 50s accounts for 3% of all deaths in that table, if they make up 10% of population then they are under represented.

vickster

Legendary Member
Unvaccinated Under 50s accounts for 3% of all deaths in that table, if they make up 10% of population then they are under represented.
What about the percent of hospitalisation and ICU beds? Deaths are just one part of the picture when strain on health services is a major concern. Is that data in another page of your report? Be interesting to see

What about the percent of hospitalisation and ICU beds? Deaths are just one part of the picture when strain on health services is a major concern. Is that data in another page of your report? Be interesting to see

For some reason this is reported by rates per 100,000 so no idea what the totals for vaccinated or unvaccinated are but would imagine they are similiar to the deaths in percentage.

Alex321

Veteran

That is not a valid figure.

Total deaths of under 50's = 156, out of 3571 across the whole population. Which is about 4.3% of deaths. So unvaccinated under 50's account for around 2.5% of total deaths, while being (as you say) roughly 10% of the population as a whole. Way fewer deaths than their proportion, not more as you suggest.

Important information about new treatments for coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just received an official NHS email with above heading

Because I fall into a particularly vulnerable set of conditions

I'm going to be sent a home PCR kit
If I get symptoms I use the kit.
If positive I will be contacted to arrange treatment.

email does not state, but I guess this refers to the new Antivirals
My daughter has received the same thing.

vickster

Legendary Member
For some reason this is reported by rates per 100,000 so no idea what the totals for vaccinated or unvaccinated are but would imagine they are similiar to the deaths in percentage.
why do you think that? Old people are more likely to die if they get really sick, possibly even more likely to have a DNR and allowed to die, I would think younger people are more likely to get sick and survive, but potentially only after a long costly stay in hospital and then with post illness complications to deal with.

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The other issue is that a rise of infection may lead to problems in the workplace and business being able to function due to people of ill and or isolating?
I think we can be reasonably confident from past changes that isolation will be cut if that becomes a big problem, even to the point that the isolation no longer reduces spread. TV today was reporting that the health minister wants it cut to 7 days max.

why do you think that? Old people are more likely to die if they get really sick, possibly even more likely to have a DNR and allowed to die, I would think younger people are more likely to get sick and survive, but potentially only after a long costly stay in hospital and then with post illness complications to deal with

Found this graph, not sure if it shines any light on numbers any better but best I could find, not sure if it backs up your theory or not.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
It's being over-egged - yes infections are up, but deaths/hospitalisations aren't any worse.

Hospitalisations are in fact starting to increase.

Since deaths, when they occur, typically happen several weeks after hospital admission, it's not surprising that they haven't increased significantly - yet.

Top Bottom