Covid vaccine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
It's an individual decision, obviously.

Though of course the long term effects of not having the vaccine will partly depend on what proportion of the population also waits to see what the long term effects are ...

Drago

Legendary Member
im on the fence. Ive been sensible and very careful and ive been fine so far and im happy to carry on taking responsibility for my own wellbeing, but if it were offered id probably go for it if it had been clinically approved. The odds of it causing me harm are a lot less than the odds of the virus killing me.

That said, yesterdays excitement in the news has been replaced my more sober tones this morning. This vaccination requires two jabs a very specific time apart to be effective, and for 15 minutes after each one it leaves you feeling pretty ropey.

Guess i'll just have to wait and see.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’d be more than happy to have it but looking at the proposed order, I’m in the last group (under 50, no chronic health conditions (fortunately))

I’ve also been looking to pay to have the flu jab, but can’t get one anywhere as I’m not eligible for a free one and the private ones are unavailable

tom73

Guru
We are likely to end up with more than one being used any way so you can't base anything on the current information.
By the time I can get in line for it more will be known about it in real world conditions. I've had all the jabs up to now so I can't see this time being any different. Covid is something you don't want to get even going low clinical risk is no guarantee you won't end up on the wrong side.

Dave7

Legendary Member
If/when this becomes available to the masses, will you be at the front of the queue? Or will you be more cautious and wait to see what the longer term effects might be?
I am one of the latter....
I am with you on that.
As I have previously said, we are quite sure we had it Jan/Feb and are suffering the debilitating effects of Long Covid which I would not wish on anyone.
I did think "at least we can't catch it again" but apparently that is not the case :sad:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I’ve had a wide range of vaccines over the years, yellow fever, cholera, rabies etc. for my travels. So I’ll have it when it’s offered to my age group. In 50’s and no health conditions at all, let alone chronic ones.

winjim

Smash the cistern
1456585852-20160227.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Joffey

Big Dosser
I don't really understand why people wouldn't want the Covid vaccine - it's your civic duty to protect your fellow citizens.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Pfizer is an American company- the US may requisition all the vaccines produced unless the UK offers to pay more money for them... we may not get any for some time.

Top Bottom