Cow stuck in tree saved by cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Good for them! If i see an animal a bird sometimes even an insect in distress,while out working or cycling or whatever i'll do my best to help it.

TVC

Good for them! If i see an animal a bird sometimes even an insect in distress,while out working or cycling or whatever i'll do my best to help it.
But what's the point if you don't record it and publish it on social media so everyone knows what a wonderful person you are. :rolleyes:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've rescued three sheep:

1 - A sheep with her horn curled inextricably round a metal gate bar. Was walking along minding my own business when I heard a frantic rattling sound, thought it didn't sound right so went over to investigate and found the silly thing stuck fast. It took quite a lot of effort to get her un-curled as she was resisting with all her strength.

2 - A sheep stuck fast in a bog. A large party had just walked past her and done nothing so not wanting to get my walking boots, socks and britches soaked I took them all off and waded in behind her in my bare feet and underpants. Managed to get my arms under her and heave her out; she staggered off and started eating grass without a word of thanks. The assembled watchers gave me a round of applause, though I'm not sure what they must have thought when I undressed and approached the stuck sheep from behind!

3 - Another sheep stuck in a bog but just a pull on her horns was enough to get her out.

Sheep karma is strong right now.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I've rescued three sheep:

1 - A sheep with her horn curled inextricably round a metal gate bar. Was walking along minding my own business when I heard a frantic rattling sound, thought it didn't sound right so went over to investigate and found the silly thing stuck fast. It took quite a lot of effort to get her un-curled as she was resisting with all her strength.

2 - A sheep stuck fast in a bog. A large party had just walked past her and done nothing so not wanting to get my walking boots, socks and britches soaked I took them all off and waded in behind her in my bare feet and underpants. Managed to get my arms under her and heave her out; she staggered off and started eating grass without a word of thanks. The assembled watchers gave me a round of applause, though I'm not sure what they must have thought when I undressed and approached the stuck sheep from behind!

3 - Another sheep stuck in a bog but just a pull on her horns was enough to get her out.

Sheep karma is strong right now.

Doing good is its own reward.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Rescued a goose stuck in a water trough once, which is a little strange for a cyclist.

However in the same trough was a dead lamb. Told the farmer, who had a look and agreed that it was too small to have been born alive.

Sorry - rather sad story that one.

tony111

Veteran
I've picked up the odd worm that seemed to be struggling on paving slabs in summer, then throw em into a soily shaded bit.Might be getting a hero award off Carol Vorderman, you never know.

Top Bottom