CPR first time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Well done @numbnuts you did well and fingers crossed given your neighbour a bit more time on earth:okay:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well done @numbnuts.
Like many, I did the course, don't know if I'd remember anything now.
Time for a refresher me thinks, you never know when you could help save a life.

U

User32269

Well done. I used to work in hostels for street drinkers. Had to carry a mouth shield at all times in case CPR was required..... thankfully never had to use it.

2xkudos. One for making sure you have the knowledge, and one for stepping up when it was required.

Time for a refresher me thinks, you never know when you could help save a life.
Yeah, I did mine last century, and while it's still useful to win arguments about the correct response to a red-back spider bite, I wonder how much I actually retain.

Let's see, I remember the clumsy, expanded acronym DR-ABC.
Danger - are you and the casualty safe?
Response - sir, can you hear me?
then if no answer, check for
A - airways, clear?
B - breathing, present
C - is there a pulse?

I can still remember where to place your hand - just above the xiphoid process - and the pattern - 5 compressions to 1 breath. Also, never use a tourniquet unless you can't stop arterial bleed any other way - never for venom. Pressure bandage for venomous bites. Using a chip bag in an emergency to create a valve for a sucking chest wound.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Good on yer @numbnuts hope the fella makes it, I know what you mean about the 'autopilot' thing.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Well done mate ! What ever happens next remember you did your best .
The few times i've had to do it the 999 operator tells you what method is the latest thinking .

Top Bottom