Crank Bros Pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l4dva

Guru
Dose anyone use these pedals???

I used to use Shimano M520's on my cross bike (that has now been stolen! :-( )... I thort these were great pedals... even though i never used to ride off road all my cycling was on road

As i currenty have MTB shoes I would like to stick to MTB pedals and cleats.. (can't afford to buy new shoes yet) my next bike will be a road bike though..

Just been looking around and crank bros egg beaters c 2009 can be had for £20 and weigh half the weight of the m520, which i think are very heavy.... so what I want to know is how wud these pedals compair to the shimanos.. will they hold my feet in securly so's i feel safe to press on the power when I want to go all out?? the reviews seem to be good most are from a mountain biking perpective..

Any other pedals that I should consider?? Thanks for your help

Radius

SHREDDER
I didn't have great experiences with Egg Beaters, because they have no positive 'unclip action', only a clip-in one, ie: you can't feel definitely whether or not you're unclipped. I was riding fixed, which didn't help, but about 3 times I went to put my foot down and was still clipped in thinking I'd unclipped, and came off. I only used them on that one journey, and then they were straight off again...

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I used to use them (Time Atac now)

The easiest to clip in I've ever used
You need decent quality shoes - the soles on cheaper ones aren't stiff enough.
I didn't find the cleats lasted that well (there are tougher "premium" cleats available now).
If you neglect the servicing, the bearing in the end can disintegrate and allow the pedal to come off the axle.

Tynan

Veteran
andrew_s said:
I didn't find the cleats lasted that well (there are tougher "premium" cleats available now).
If you neglect the servicing, the bearing in the end can disintegrate and allow the pedal to come off the axle.

nice

OP
OP
L

l4dva

Guru
Yeah im not liking the sounds off these pedals any more to be honest... I think ill stick to the m520s even tho they weight a ton! eventually ill up grade to road pedals etc but for now they will do

Top Bottom