Crank Size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andr000ide

Hello guys. I'm thinking of buying a powermeter. And i'm thinking on the left crank. But the one I want to buy I can only find the 172.5mm size. And my cranks are 170mm. My question is, would it be "ok" to use 170mm on the right, and 172.5 mm on the left crank?
Thank you.

Sharky

Guru
You hear stories or people who have installed odd cranks without realising and have ridden for years without any problems, but if you ask anybody for advice, they will say NO as it could throw the knees out and the saddle won't be at the optimum height for both legs. I wouldn't knowingly fit odd cranks.

It won’t make a noticeable difference, until you start riding longer distances, then you’ll probably feel it. But it’s not a massive problem for most non competitive riders.
I’d be looking at pedal power meters if it was my bike.

si_c

Guru
I'd keep them the same length, for much the reasons that @Racing roadkill says - the imbalance will likely cause pain and other issues with prolonged use.

Which crankset do you currently have and which power meter are you looking at?

OP
OP
A

andr000ide

I'd keep them the same length, for much the reasons that @Racing roadkill says - the imbalance will likely cause pain and other issues with prolonged use.

Which crankset do you currently have and which power meter are you looking at?
Thanks for the answers everyone.
I have the 105 R7000 , i'm looking to buy the 4iiii precision 105 R7000

Top Bottom