Cranks and Pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MonsterEnergy

erm.....i can't seem to put my pedals back on my bike, but i found another one off my old bike and that fitted fine on the right, but on the left it dosen't:sad:(
Does that mean that the thread on the crank arm where the pedal screws in is knackered?

What should i do now? - i am looking for people#s advice.

Literally like just got my bike fixed and this happened😠😠

rivers

How far can I go?
left pedals are reverse threaded, so righty-tighty, lefty-loosey doesn't work. You need to turn the pedal to the left (front of the bike). However, depending on the amount of force you used to try and put the pedal back in, you might have knackered the left crank. Won't know until you try.

rrarider

Veteran
i found another one off my old bike and that fitted fine on the right, but on the left it dosen't:sad:(
Does that mean that the thread on the crank arm where the pedal screws in is knackered?
If you're just trying to fit one pedal, then of course it won't fit both sides. The left hand pedal has a left handed thread.

D

Deleted member 1258

Pedals should be marked L or R for left or right, the threads are different, right is a normal thread left is an opposite thread.

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

So if my pedal goes in at an angle, what should i do?
is there anything i can do to make it go in?

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

Nope i've fixed it....it must have been my old pedals cause i found some other pedals of my old bike, and they fitted fine....It must of been the pedal.
Few back on my bike....hate it when something goes wrong with your bike, espically when you use it every day, for half the day, doing jumps, and road cycling

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

As @fossyant says if you've tried fitting the wrong pedal to the other side you could have knackered the crank, pedals have LH and RH threads.
yup i kno...but cause my old pedal were so old, and worn, the LH and RH had obviously been scrubbed off, if u kno wot i mean, as i coulden'treally see it anyway...but hay ho, i was planning to get new pedals anway, cause i need new handlebar grips, cause they have been seriously worn since end of last year probably

Top Bottom