Cranks and Pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
New cranks, pedals and bar grips ! PS I do hope the end of the bar's are 'plugged' - i.e. you've not got an open bar there - it's a rather large pokey thing, and if not covered it's like having a big sharp thing on the end of your bike.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I honestly don’t think you’ll need new pedals. The threaded spindles will be steel and likely won’t be damaged as the harder material will cut into the soft alloy crank. Anyway you can check by inspecting and running your finger nail around the thread.

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

New cranks, pedals and bar grips ! PS I do hope the end of the bar's are 'plugged' - i.e. you've not got an open bar there - it's a rather large pokey thing, and if not covered it's like having a big sharp thing on the end of your bike.
i don't know how to remove and install cranks, and i don' really want to go to halfords again to be honested at the minute i

Sharky

Guru
Glad you sorted it.
I occasionally get confused with pedal/bb threads etc. I use my thumb nail on the thread and turn the item to see which way the thumb nail moves.

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

Local bike shop then.
yeah but i don't want to keep going to be honest....it works at the minute, so what's the point

Sharky

Guru
Halfords can be good and bad, but staff change, so difficult to build a good customer relationship. If you can find a local bike shop, the staff will probably be there for a long time and you can build up a good relationship with them and trust them.
In our area, there is one very good mechanic, self-employed and all the club and serious riders speak highly of him. He was/is also a very good competitor, so knows what he is talking about.

Last edited:
Top Bottom