Crappiest bit of Cycling Tat You've ever wasted your money on?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

Not exactly bought but given.........

When i bought my Bianchi i got a box of reflectors along with it. Not one of the reflectors could be fitted to my bike with the fixings provided.

MichaelM

Guru
Specialized Defrosters -utter shoot. Waterproof, but a warm winter boot they are not.

Endura MT 500 baggy shorts - ripped at the seem after a few months (and not much use). Replaced under warranty, but added to the two sets of Humvees that ripped I don't really have the confidence to use them again.

got-to-get-fit said:
Not exactly bought but given.........

When i bought my Bianchi i got a box of reflectors along with it. Not one of the reflectors could be fitted to my bike with the fixings provided.

I got a similar box with my Bianchi the rear clipped on to the seat rails Ok if I didn't have a saddle bag (Topeak mini Wedge). I never tried the other reflectors.

Tetedelacourse

Pro Race sunglasses with interchangeable lenses. Ordered from ProBikeKit, who were fast and had good Customer Service.

At first change of lens, frame snapped. Sent back thinking faulty. Got a replacement FOC, changed lenses and snapped again. Binned.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Tetedelacourse said:
Pro Race sunglasses with interchangeable lenses. Ordered from ProBikeKit, who were fast and had good Customer Service.

At first change of lens, frame snapped. Sent back thinking faulty. Got a replacement FOC, changed lenses and snapped again. Binned.

Leg snapped of my first pair of ProBikeKit sunglasses last night when I got home. Mind you, I've been wearing them on every commute since August 2006 and they were only £12 - plastic does get a bit brittle with age, so it's no disgrace that they died. They've lasted longer than every other pair of non-cycling sunglasses I've ever bought (and some of those weren't cheap !)

Worst pair of cycling sunglasses ? The £3 Lidl pair I bought last year - but only because I fished them out this morning and found that there was only 1 clear lens in the pouch !! Thankfully the yellow lenses were OK, though they were slightly too big and bowed out a bit....

walker

gill water proof jacket, not long enough in the arms. wet wrists

yenrod

I bought some oakley copies for pretty cheap - the lens (clear/yellow/mirror) good BUT the frame really soft plastic...

If anyone knows where i can get a frame get in touch...as Ive still got the lens...which I could put to use !

yenrod

Twenty Inch said:
£5 "track pump" from Wilkinsons. It doesn't get past 35psi before the valve blows off.

I got one of these too...

Im searching for another variant over a period of time...part of my seek value at a good price idealogy even if it does make me tight'arse :rolleyes:

Top Bottom