Crash? Argue? Close Call?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
On a nice long ride, what are the chances of the above.

Nearly crashed once: I was going to fast on a bend and skimmed a bush.
I had a massive argument: A Bus pulled in front of me, so I checked over my shoulder, clear, cycled past, given enough room in case to bus pulled out, and a car flew past barbing, I gave him the “self-gratification artist” motion and called him a “farking dick”. He pulled over and I stopped, had a great argument with him.

Nearly hit the back of a car: A car over took me the straight away tried to park, I broke hard, left rubber on the road and stopped within an inch.
A car brushed my arm with a very close overtake.
A car was driving at the side of me shouting “you’re only going 5 mph” I was actually doing 25mph, we had a bit of a joke then parted.
Hit a pot hole and had a blow out.
All this happened in one ride! How many close calls do you have before your crash or have a fight? Its mad, never a uneven full ride.

Drago

Legendary Member
Good grief. I think I'd have been homicidal if I'd had to endure that lot.

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
I thought it would get better due to the wiggins effect but I gess a increase of inexperienced cyclists on the road had caused drivers to get impatient

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
you seem to have had more incidents in one ride then I have had in 6 months of cycling on the busy streets of London.
Just one of those things I suppose.

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
And the faster I go more more issues it cause's peoples perception of a cycist speed is bad, they overtake and dont reolise. this is the main problem I find.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
seems to be getting worse on the roads,i try to keep calm but sometimes :sad:.

So do I, and I'm trying to train my middle finger to stay firmly on the handlebars, but with some of the lunatic driving that goes on, it can be a difficult task!

On a nice long ride, what are the chances of the above.

Nearly crashed once: I was going to fast on a bend and skimmed a bush.
I had a massive argument: A Bus pulled in front of me, so I checked over my shoulder, clear, cycled past, given enough room in case to bus pulled out, and a car flew past barbing, I gave him the “******” motion and called him a “f***ing dick”. He pulled over and I stopped, had a great argument with him.

Nearly hit the back of a car: A car over took me the straight away tried to park, I broke hard, left rubber on the road and stopped within an inch.
A car brushed my arm with a very close overtake.
A car was driving at the side of me shouting “you’re only going 5 mph” I was actually doing 25mph, we had a bit of a joke then parted.
Hit a pot hole and had a blow out.
All this happened in one ride! How many close calls do you have before your crash or have a fight? Its mad, never a uneven full ride.

Holy crap! If I see you out on a push bike one day and at the same time someone is going mad with a machine gun, Im gonna hide behind the mad gunman until you have passed.

D

Deleted member 1258

Thats more incidents in one ride than I've had in the last five years, what are you doing wrong? I've covered just over 3000 miles this year and I've had one incident, and that was disappointing as I don't normally have incidents.

Gary E

Veteran
+1 for the speed theory. I'm always on the lookout if I'm on a long stretch of road and see a car in a side road waiting to come out. They often seem to think I'm doing about 5 mph and that they've got lots of time to pull out and accelerate off before I even get there. In reality I'm doing about 25mph and it's sometimes quite close :wacko:

Top Bottom