Crash? Argue? Close Call?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
Had a gentleman overtake me just before a sharp bend the other day. By the time he'd got alongside me the bend was rapidly upon us and he cut in very close to avoid going round on the wrong side of the road. Then, just to add insult to injury, he braked hard on the other side of the bend and parked causing me to jam the brakes on (normally I'd have had enough stopping distance but remember he'd just cut in on me).
I stopped to have a word with him (and to admire the line of expensive rubber I'd left on the road) and he said that both incidents were clearly my fault as I was pedalling too fast. It was a 50mph road, god I'm good!, I could have sworn I was doing about half that :laugh:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Thats more events in one ride than Ive had in the past two years, i need to cycle somewhere more exciting :crazy:

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Cycled to work today, and i must say very boring and uneventfull, carnt wait for my long weekend ride when the fun begins.

Drago

Legendary Member
For some reason people don't seem keen to stop and argue with me. One blue rinser tried it years ago, got out for a pop and clearly realised he was outgunned. I flexed my lats at him and told him I'd never been so insulted by someone as small and puny as him offering me out. He slinked back to his car defeated.

Idiot. I treated it as a big joke but if I'd been a nasty sort like Kenneth Noye I could've ripped off his arm and stuck it up his arse. Why do people do it?

Generally speaking though, most of my riding seems pretty QT compared to your adventures.

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
I kind of felt sorry for the guy after I pull up next to him and he reolise I wasnt a fat middle aged man in lycra. He was back tracking from the start, I wanted to put one on his chin but that would have been too far.

Top Bottom