Crash Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Wrong forum, please put this in the dungeon.

GC

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I....actually, no, can't be arsed :tired:

Drago

Legendary Member
Tuck those strap adjusters tight under the earlobes. Pet hate. What's the point of wearing a bonce potty for its perceived safety benefit, then not putting it on properly?

buggi

Bird Saviour
Clearly never researched helmets but I like the style of your video. You should know I've hit my head twice in the same place when falling off my bike at the same speed . Pretty much as controlled testing as it gets. The first time I was wearing a helmet and I broke my collar bone (this is because I used my arm to break my fall, not my head). The 2nd time I wasn't wearing a helmet and i tucked my arms in, not wanting to break my collar bone, and my head broke my fall. In fact I remember my head bouncing. I'll give you one guess as to which time I suffered concussion. (clue... It wasn't the 2nd time). Sure I had an egg size lump the 2nd time but I didn't get hospitalised nor suffer dizzy spells for six months. I cannot remember anything about my first accident at all, only remember waking when the paramedics were block and boarding me. The 2nd time I got up, hobbled home with a bad hip and took the opportunity to have the morning off :smile:. Therefore, before you post about helmets may I suggest you fully educate yourself into how rigorously they are tested (or not as the case is) and how rotational head injury is caused. Just for the record I still wear a helmet coz it hides my bad hair in the morning :smile:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Tuck those strap adjusters tight under the earlobes. Pet hate. What's the point of wearing a bonce potty for its perceived safety benefit, then not putting it on properly?
Isn't it an ironic protest? So many people do it that I thought it was an act of civil disobedience: "someone really wants me to wear one so technically I am but I have made it useless because it has no benefit anyway." You mean they really think it's vital but haven't bothered to follow the instructions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom