Crassest exhortations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I come across a lot of rubbish and give you a few examples to get the thread moving:-

"We've got to do this for (name of someone you've never heard of)"

"Bring me the commitment."

"If you don't do this, you letting yourself and your client down."

(this can be modified to add, "your family, firm, Lodge, school and regiment" according to circumstances)

"I've given you the buzz - just do it."

Arch

Married to Night Train
Patrick Stevens said:
"I've given you the buzz - just do it."

Used a lot among bees, I assume?:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Not quite an exhortation, but people inventing verbs from other types of words.

Heard someone on Today this morning say "we've just farewelled our rugby team off to the championship..."

Farewelled? What happened to "said goodbye to"?

Tetedelacourse

Not sure what Patrick means so on the same train of thought as Arch:

XX was "outed" as a tory sympathiser.

Fernando Torres recently "penned" a deal worth around £26.5M

Arch

Married to Night Train
I think Patrick's really getting at stuff like "Right let's run this idea up the flagpole and see who salutes..."

domtyler

Über Member
Arch said:
I think Patrick's really getting at stuff like "Right let's run this idea up the flagpole and see who salutes..."

Cool, I like that one. I'll see how many times I can use it this afternoon without being forced to exit the building through the eighth floor window.

Tetedelacourse

Ah. In that case:

It's more about evolution than revolution.

We've just finished a section of a project that someone decided to call the "Modular Visualisation Phase".

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
I got the "We've got to do this for X" from watching a documentary about estate agents (I was interested to see if they would manage to behave themselves with the cameras on them).

A woman estate agent was trying to stitch up a purchaser with some mortgage that paid even more commission than the seller was paying her and she kept exhorting everyone to "Do it for John." Actually, she was the one she wanted it doing for.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Brainstorm meeting.
That says to me the gaffer hasn't got a fekkin clue what he's doing and wants your ideas to make him look good
Human resources.
Is it bollix, its personnel, if it was human resources, the bloke who drove the extrusion press where I last worked would be sat in the MD's office and the MD would be pushing a broom.

Baroudeur

Love these. Remind me of the Fry and Laurie 'Damn Marjorie!!' sketches.

Favourite from personal experience is 'We've got to get all our ducks in a line.'

Top Bottom