1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cravendale advert

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Mac66, 14 Apr 2008.

1. Mac66

Mac66 Senior Member

Is it just me or does the figure in the yellow jersey and black shorts look like a cyclist to anyone else?

2. Landslide

Landslide Rare Migrant

Might be because he is a cyclist!

He's got a bike in one of those adverts.

3. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Of course it's a cyclist! :blush:

There's several different Cravendale ads - the cyclist if featured with bike

4. Mortiroloboy

Mortiroloboy New Member

Er, that'll be because it IS a cyclist...Pfhht!:blush:

5. walker

walker New Member

I watch these adverts and think WTF!!

6. girofan

girofan New Member

I also think WTF is going on, walker. Is it me, or have the Madmen gone completely into a parallel universe? :biggrin::blush:

7. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I like them, in a nutty kinda way. Better than the rubbish about the latest 375 blade Gillette razor or elecric room fragrancers.

Although, I don't see the point of 'filtered' milk - I've never noticed a problem with bits of straw or anything in my normal milk. If it has lumps, it's usually my fault for keeping it too long. And if it's pasturised, that kills any bugs...

8. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Mac66, that avatar looks oh so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Smeggers

Smeggers New Member

It lasts for ages. Compare the sell-by dates next time your shopping - it might work out cheaper (assuming you dont go through much milk).

10. mr Mag00

mr Mag00 rising member

homogenising milk is bad enough let alone filtering to make it more pure HTF can u make something more pure than milk straight from a cow!!! marketing idiots

11. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I'll have a look, cheers - although I buy my milk two pints at a time and get through it before it goes off (a few days) - not sure about 4 pints...

12. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

I remember when I was living in the US there was a big brouhaha about minute bits of udder etc. being found in fresh milk because the mechanical milking process can be a bit violent sometimes. I'm sure they started advertising "filtered" milk there as a result. Never saw the point myself though.

13. Mortiroloboy

Mortiroloboy New Member

Sainsbury's are doing it BogOf at the moment, I think it does taste slightly crisper, and it does last longer, if that makes any sense?

14. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

15. mr Mag00

mr Mag00 rising member

i get 9 days on my milk as its local and gets 'bottled' locally so doesnt spend days travelling back and forth, most milk has travelled at approx 500 miles before it gets to 'your door' especially the wiseman milk.