Crazy cycling through tunnel - Is this for real?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Let @Matthew_T pick the bones out of that commute.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It certainly looks real! :eek:

I'm amazed that he didn't wreck himself or his bike when he hit the load sticking out of the back of the truck (which was going to be an even bigger hazard than it already was, once he'd knocked the warning sign off!) and he certainly didn't seem to learn anything from the experience!

Somehow, you know that he is going to meet a grisly fate on his bike one day soon, if he hasn't already ... :thumbsdown:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It looks like a lot of fun, but I think it's fake. The soundtrack is all wrong for a start. Now look at the shadows. The cyclist's shadow appears on the sides of vehicles that he/she is close to, but they are shadows from a point source of light. There are no point sources of light in tunnels when you are moving.
I am Sherlock Holmes, AICMFP
or something

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Let @Matthew_T pick the bones out of that commute.
I have plenty of words for that cyclist. Unfortunately most of them will be starred out on CC.

I hope he seriously hurt his arms on that corrugated metalwork because he deserves it. What he was doing was not clever or efficient, it was bloody stupid.

He went and knocked the warning sign off the back of the lorry, so someone is now going to crash into the back of it and die and it will all be his fault. The video then ends with him looking to pass a lorry on the inside and grabbing onto it. If I had been the lorry driver I would have accelerated, then braked hard. That could teach the idiot to be such a selfish prick.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I was trying to work out where it was filmed - Russia? Or the Middle East? I thought I could see Arabic numerals on the van reg.

The speeds would be possible because the air in the tunnel was being dragged along by the vehicles.

Edit: Russia.

I have plenty of words for that cyclist. Unfortunately most of them will be starred out on CC.

I hope he seriously hurt his arms on that corrugated metalwork because he deserves it. What he was doing was not clever or efficient, it was bloody stupid.

He went and knocked the warning sign off the back of the lorry, so someone is now going to crash into the back of it and die and it will all be his fault. The video then ends with him looking to pass a lorry on the inside and grabbing onto it. If I had been the lorry driver I would have accelerated, then braked hard. That could teach the idiot to be such a selfish prick.

Matthew, I feel sure (or at least I hope) you were joking about braking hard in front of another road user to teach them a lesson.

If you weren't - and are subject to that kind of impulse (some of your earlier videos suggest that you can react quite strongly) then I'd tear up that driving license of yours and go and make a nice pot of tea. Being in charge of a motor vehicle on roads shared with others might not be your thing.

There is no room on the roads for motorists who slam their brakes on to teach cyclists a lesson.

The rider in the video (real or not) is a barmy toothbrush on recreational chemical enhancements, but is little different from many of the riders one sees in larger cities in the UK. With you behind the wheel of a car and brim-full with rightful vengeance, casualty figures might begin to rise.

Even in an angry post on the Internet, it may not be a good idea to advocate accelerating and braking hard to teach a cyclist a lesson. It was a joke, wasn't it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom