Crazy cycling through tunnel - Is this for real?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Maybe he's just heard there's a sale on at Halfords..... ;)
So he's cycling away from it as fast as possible!

Globalti

Legendary Member
My guess is that this all happened at walking speed or less in almost stationary traffic and the film has been sped up.

No, the movements would be jerky as the bike would be steering tighter turns.

It's Lucas Brunelski.

Twelve Spokes

Time to say goodbye again...
If I had been the lorry driver I would have accelerated, then braked hard. That could teach the idiot to be such a selfish prick.

Kept off this thread till now,but WOW.

I had this yesterday on the Bow Flyover,very unpleasant and I didn't know if the motorist was going to stop on the flyover,it seems like he wanted to.Very aggressive and very wrong.Slowed me down with nowhere to go,I thought it was going to kick off.Very distracting and incredibly dangerous.You can't tell what is going through peoples minds sometimes when cyclists are involved but im pretty sure it isn't good.I'm still angry about it.I hope you are not a driver Matthew.

Last edited:
I have plenty of words for that cyclist. Unfortunately most of them will be starred out on CC.

I hope he seriously hurt his arms on that corrugated metalwork because he deserves it. What he was doing was not clever or efficient, it was bloody stupid.

He went and knocked the warning sign off the back of the lorry, so someone is now going to crash into the back of it and die and it will all be his fault. The video then ends with him looking to pass a lorry on the inside and grabbing onto it. If I had been the lorry driver I would have accelerated, then braked hard. That could teach the idiot to be such a selfish prick.

Matthew, you never did respond to my earlier query about this post. It's been a few weeks now.

Was it humour?

Were you being ironic?

Was it a rush of blood to the head in a brief moment of fury? If so, does this happen to you often? An online video seems a pretty minor event to spark a reaction of such vivid and violent imagery. The language in your post seems full of anger and contempt. The actions you say you'd take suggest a contempt for life.

Is this the sort of knee-jerk reaction that gets you into so many confrontations on the highway?

Do you advocate braking hard in front of an errant road user to teach them a lesson? If not, then what are you saying here?

Is that the sort of thing you might do in the spur of the moment if another road user made you angry and then regret later?

I'd be interested in seeing your replies to those questions. I am being quite serious.

Last edited:
Boris is the poster who stated he's "Not bothered" by drivers on mobiles, so for him to clutch his pearls in horror at imagined, hypothetical idiocy on the roads is breathtaking hypocrisy. Eleven people killed by drivers on mobiles last year, none was killed by Matthew driving an imaginary lorry.

Boris is the poster who stated he's "Not bothered" by drivers on mobiles, so for him to clutch his pearls in horror at imagined, hypothetical idiocy on the roads is breathtaking hypocrisy. Eleven people killed by drivers on mobiles last year, none was killed by Matthew driving an imaginary lorry.

I rather feel I need to type slowly when replying to your posts, dear Glenn. There is something of the angry, ageing boxer about your logic and your apparent need to keep baiting until head re-emerges from throat, having travelled arsewise up through the entire trunk. I shall use short words:

It is not hypocrisy. I did not clutch at my pearls in horror. I did not accuse Matthew of killing anybody or imply that he might. I queried his use of violent imagery to punish a move he saw on a posted video.

I found it disturbing. I sense that others did too. I find it entirely out of kilter with his fascination with correcting the road behaviour of others. The juxtaposition is stark. Bringer of Justice one minute and the next minute he's ranting that he'd brake heavily in a lorry in front of a cyclist to teach them a lesson. I find that odd and somehow disturbing.

None of that has anything to do with my relatively relaxed attitude to seeing people on the phone while driving. I am quite open about not seeing mobile phone use as a big deal. Nor does it have anything to do with however many people were killed here, there or anywhere by people on the telephone, brushing their teeth or looking for a CD. It is not hypocrisy.

I hope I have helped, but I fear it may be a tiny bit too late.

I wish you well.

Last edited:
Matthew imagined a scenario, you said real life, or should I say real death situations don't bother you. You're a hypocrite, plain and simple,

Top Bottom