Crazy cycling through tunnel - Is this for real?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

broadway

Veteran
One explanation for the speed is the traffic will be pushing the air through the tunnel, reducing wind resistance.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
:banghead:

This is a funny image, but not an answer. The question is a valid one.

In view of both your firm attitude to the behaviour of others and the graphic and violent imagery of your language in post #5, I think it is fair to ask it.

I and other members are shocked that you would write (apparently in anger) that you'd brake hard in a lorry to teach a cyclist a lesson.

Were you joking in post #5? All I'm asking is what you meant by your post. It comes across as very angry, not a joke at all.

Last edited:

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Clearly my interpretation of sarcasm doesnt come across well online. It was bad taste I think.

To clarify: I WAS JOKING!

I cant really understand how people were taking me seriously. What I said was just as bad as what the cyclist was doing. Yes the cyclist is a prat and should be taught a lesson, but a visit from the police would suffice, not other road users taking it into their own hands to 'teach him a lesson' (which seems to happen with normal cyclists everyday).

Clearly my interpretation of sarcasm doesnt come across well online. It was bad taste I think.

I cant really understand how people were taking me seriously. What I said was just as bad as what the cyclist was doing. Yes the cyclist is a prat and should be taught a lesson, but a visit from the police would suffice, not other road users taking it into their own hands to 'teach him a lesson' (which seems to happen with normal cyclists everyday).

Sounds like you've got a similar sense of humour to Matthew Parris.

Frood42

I know where my towel is

You forgot the liberal use of smileys Matthew.
Such as :thumbsup: :tongue: :wacko: :headshake:

Although perhaps a second read would have also been good, it was a little harsh, even for sarcasm, but we all learn.

OK. Thanks for that. It did come across as pretty strongly distilled anger. The language was not what one might expect to find in a joke and it seemed to fit the way you respond in some of your videos. So it's nice to know it was just a joke.

It is good to see that you are at home with sarcasm. I was advised by other members that my own (deeply puerile) sarcasm might miss its mark with you. How wrong they were!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. It is lovely that we both missed the other's sarcasm. You were kidding all along!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.... And there I was thinking you were being serious.

How I laughed when I realised you were joking. Like this: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

It was a very funny joke! I liked the way you worded it to sound serious. And very, very angry. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
It'shis life ...but what a dork. Some typical idiotic comments below as well from drivers..

Frood42

I know where my towel is
OK. Thanks for that. It did come across as pretty strongly distilled anger. The language was not what one might expect to find in a joke and it seemed to fit the way you respond in some of your videos. So it's nice to know it was just a joke.

It is good to see that you are at home with sarcasm. I was advised by other members that my own (deeply puerile) sarcasm might miss its mark with you. How wrong they were!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. It is lovely that we both missed the other's sarcasm. You were kidding all along!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.... And there I was thinking you were being serious.

How I laughed when I realised you were joking. Like this: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

It was a very funny joke! I liked the way you worded it to sound serious. And very, very angry. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Sledgehammer to crack a peanut? :thumbsup:
You also forgot the smileys, like Matthew did, you know how people on the internet can take things so literally.
I think you should edit your post and add some in smileys to make sure there is no misunderstanding.

I think you and Matthew should :hugs: and make up, it will help cheer your day along :tongue:

Sledgehammer to crack a peanut? :thumbsup:
You also forgot the smileys, like Matthew did, you know how people on the internet can take things so literally.
I think you should edit your post and add some in smileys to make sure there is no misunderstanding.

I think you and Matthew should :hugs: and make up, it will help cheer your day along :tongue:

But the peanut was cracked. :tongue:

Top Bottom