Creaking Giant TCR battle continues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

busdennis

Veteran
on my TCR, 1 year old with 2000 miles on the clock
BB replaced with DuraAce fitted with TF2 grease
Headset cleaned and greased with TF2
Pedal Spindles cleaned and greased Tf2
QR Skewers cleaned and greased TF2
Seat post cleaned greased TF2
Chainring bolts tight. All the above with no effect

After checking the www tonight im thinking the next step is to refit the BB with either Morgans blue aqua grease or Loctite 638.

Would appreciate people thoughts and experience

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Saddle rails greased at clamp, clamp tight enough? What conditions do you need to get the noise, can you replicate both seating and standing?

Wheels? The points where the QR skewers meet the dropouts and forks. And the points where the spokes cross each other are good candidates. As are spoke nipples. If you’ve got a Carbon steerer with an expander plug in place of the star nut, make sure it’s tight enough ( 8N.m is the maximum most will take)

wonderloaf

Veteran
Handlebar stem bolts? Had this once while on a ride, handlebars where solid but a quick nip up of the bolts sorted it. Unlikely I know but worth a try!

berty bassett

Legendary Member
i've just been through the same - was quiet for first half mile , but once i started trying , the creak would start .
took bb out regreased , seat post out and cleaned, changed wheels . sprayed cleats , handlebars off and cleaned and still the creak !
took stem apart and cleaned ,then a little lube where the cable outers meet the frame
no creak ! - i dont know what one it was but i would have put money on it being down near pedal area
good luck

OP
OP
busdennis

busdennis

Veteran
all greased except the Knees, wont see the result until Wednesday but as the plan is chimney bank the creaking will be tested

Don’t forget to check the cable guide under the frame at the bottom bracket. Those can creak like a goodun if they come slightly loose or the cables aren’t lubed at that point.

Top Bottom