Creaking when pedalling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teifi

Noticed my bike develop a creaking noise when pedalling, sounds like it’s coming from rear, any advice please?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Stand up and pedal... does the sound go away? If so, you may have similar problems to me. I had it on a bike recently, two causes...
  1. The saddle clamp bolt was a bit rusty so I hadn't managed to tighten it enough. I lubed it and then got it tighter.
  2. The saddle itself had a loose rail where it went into the back of the saddle. I swapped the saddle for one from my turbo trainer.
Those changes fixed the problem for me.

No point in fixing the seat and seat post if it creaks when you are standing up????

although I have seen creaks that happen when pressure is released

so try riding under power but standing for severl revolution of the pedals - if it still creaks then it ain;t the seat

probably
creaks can be weird

OP
OP
T

Teifi

No point in fixing the seat and seat post if it creaks when you are standing up????

although I have seen creaks that happen when pressure is released

so try riding under power but standing for severl revolution of the pedals - if it still creaks then it ain;t the seat

probably
creaks can be weird

I recently put a new seat on the bike and creaking started after so will check this, thanks.

OP
OP
T

Teifi

Stand up and pedal... does the sound go away? If so, you may have similar problems to me. I had it on a bike recently, two causes...
  1. The saddle clamp bolt was a bit rusty so I hadn't managed to tighten it enough. I lubed it and then got it tighter.
  2. The saddle itself had a loose rail where it went into the back of the saddle. I swapped the saddle for one from my turbo trainer.
Those changes fixed the problem for me.
I recently put a new seat on the bike and creaking started after so will check this, thanks.

Top Bottom