Credit where due to Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I used to do the swapping tools between bikes until out on an audax in mid Wales I needed them and didnt have them.Luckilly another rider helped me out but I felt really embarrassed and annoyed with myself.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It seems not uncommon. A couple of years back I met a MTB-er by the roadside with a flat. He had the spares for his road bike with him. I gave him a packet of "scab" patches that I had.

After I left him I wondered if it may have been worth trying a road bike tube inside a MTB tyre, and riding home carefully on that. I mean ... they're stretchy enough to fill the tyre probably, even if they are completely the wrong size. Anyway. That's neither here nor there.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
One of my bikes has 650c wheels, another 26", others have 700c, and one has 28". It might be that one tube would fit all of them in an emergency, but my preferred solution is to have a separate saddlepack attached to each bike with the appropriate basic kit in each. Then there's the 20"-wheel shopper, not rideable yet, and the Brompton ... which I am scared of doing anything to, so probably won't bother with any tools or spares and just get a taxi home. :smile:
Oh, the right thing would be preferred. But I wondered as I rode away if it would have been worth a bash sticking a skinny wrong size road inner tube in there. After all, what could go wrong? He gets a puncture ... well, he'd got one of those already.

paul_1979

Credit where it's due. I'm sure we all feel like a rant following bad service etc, however, flip side is, it's important to praise when it's good. At the end of the day, they just doing a job like the rest of us.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
They've ordered tyres in for me for a lot cheaper than the next best online retailer. They also removed a stuck cassette on my daughter's bike. For a fiver!

The only thing that annoys me is there are no bike parking facilities at my local store. They let me to park up in the T Cut aisle. Hah! You should see the faces of the 'motoring' customers.

screenman

Legendary Member
They've ordered tyres in for me for a lot cheaper than the next best online retailer. They also removed a stuck cassette on my daughter's bike. For a fiver!

The only thing that annoys me is there are no bike parking facilities at my local store. They let me to park up in the T Cut aisle. Hah! You should see the faces of the 'motoring' customers.

I am a motorist that owns and rides at different time 7 bikes. While is there so much hatred on here for motorist, or is it jealousy.

OP
OP
Tom B

Tom B

Guru
Credit where it's due. I'm sure we all feel like a rant following bad service etc, however, flip side is, it's important to praise when it's good. At the end of the day, they just doing a job like the rest of us.

Indeed I am a beliver in letting people know when you are not happy - so they can improve. But I try to compliment at least as much as I grumble. Twitter is great for this and I've had as many if not more vouchers etc for compliments.

I remember being 16 working in a shop as a weekend bod, timid nervous and lacking confidence when some random customers wrote a complimentary letter and it transformed my confidence, so I try to return the favour.

Drago

Legendary Member
I am a motorist that owns and rides at different time 7 bikes. While is there so much hatred on here for motorist, or is it jealousy.

Something to do with it being a cycling forum, perhaps?

Top Bottom