Creme Caferacer Uno vs Raleigh Tourist 2018

Raleigh Tourist 2018 vs Creme Caferacer Uno

• Raleigh Tourist 2018

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Creme Caferacer Uno

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Madoser

I can get a Raleigh tourist 2018 for $190 out the door MSRP $650 but it rides pretty high on the crotch. Small sized but I am only 5’5, 28”

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B073Q2D1TT/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_3?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

or I can get a Creme caferacer uno for $435 out the door (Cali Tax) MSRP $750 and the standover and fit is pretty good.

https://cremecyclesusa.com/products/cafe-racer-mens-uno?variant=7370346070071

Should I just keep the Raleigh and lean the bike when standing over the top tube and save $245? It’s got good components such as disc brakes when the creme has a coaster. The creme was good to ride and the Raleigh is fun too but pretty big. Maybe I’m not used to it.

Attachments

• 3B20E029-B3F7-4484-AA5F-10601478B6FB.png
    3B20E029-B3F7-4484-AA5F-10601478B6FB.png
    56 KB · Views: 24
  • 1940D68E-08EC-45D3-8E82-86AF7977346D.png
    1940D68E-08EC-45D3-8E82-86AF7977346D.png
    77 KB · Views: 23

CXRAndy

Guru
Stick with the first one in your other thread

OP
OP
M

Madoser

Stick with the first one in your other thread

Thank you. It rides nice but I feel like the creme rides better but I don’t have them both with me. I liked the thin tires. This bike is a monster. It was smashing down some hills.

netman

Veteran
If money is no object, buy the one you'll ride the most... the one you'll want to grab and jump on... if money is an object, the Raleigh will be great - it's not the bike, it's the cycling! The Creme may feel better to ride because it probably weighs less. If you're going be doing long miles and many hills, then that is a consideration. Ultimately, if you fall in love with cycling, you'll end up buying another/more bikes in the future anyway (n+1)!

OP
OP
M

Madoser

I don't understand, is the one in the other thread not yours then?
Yes I just bought it but it feels pretty massive and heavy for me and was big standing over. I was going to by the creme initially but the one at the store was all scratched and I just found out to could get a new one from Poland. I saw the Raleigh at a massive discount on slickdeals and assumed it would be similar.

OP
OP
M

Madoser

If money is no object, buy the one you'll ride the most... the one you'll want to grab and jump on... if money is an object, the Raleigh will be great - it's not the bike, it's the cycling! The Creme may feel better to ride because it probably weighs less. If you're going be doing long miles and many hills, then that is a consideration. Ultimately, if you fall in love with cycling, you'll end up buying another/more bikes in the future anyway (n+1)!

Money is definitely an object but I’d rather enjoy riding.

OP
OP
M

Madoser

I was hoping to see if hardware was better on one of the other. It seemed like the Raleigh has brand name stuff like promax alloy and tekton brakes and Alex rims.

Yes I just bought it but it feels pretty massive and heavy for me and was big standing over. I was going to by the creme initially but the one at the store was all scratched and I just found out to could get a new one from Poland. I saw the Raleigh at a massive discount on slickdeals and assumed it would be similar.
Well as the saying goes, strong, light, cheap, pick two.

Ultimately you have to be happy with the bike, if you're not, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. At this point what are your options as you've already bought and ridden the bike?

Honestly if it's a choice between those two, I don't know what the cafe creme offers that the Raleigh doesn't. I doubt there's going to be much weight difference, so what you're deciding on is the size and this is the trouble with buying on line, you don't ultimately know what will suit you without riding it.

We all think the Raleigh isn't too big but if the top tube is an issue return it and go to a store and try some bikes, like I said you have to be comfortable with it. Equally, I think you'll get used to it but if you think you'll always have that nagging doubt in your mind, sort that now. Nothing stops you trying some bikes at a store to help you decide.

Top Bottom