creme or not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan O

Über Member
can i just ask, on long rides should i use chamois creme or not
I'd say it depends on whether you get any chafing and soreness without it - and only you can answer that. Personally, I've never used it, or worn padded shorts, though I have used the occasional dab of vaseline - but that's my bum, not yours.

OP
OP
Part time cyclist

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Thanks for your replies I am taking part in a 24 hour endurance ride next Saturday and wondered iff the creme worked....
After a 7 hour ride I suffered a bit of chaffing so used sudicreme to deal with the after effects.. just wanted to nip it in the bud so to speak.. otherwise 24 hours of rubbing may take it's toll....

Globalti

Legendary Member
When I'm riding my hooligan bike a lot I get soreness right in the crease of the groin and a greasy cream helps. The endurance bike saddle is good for 100 miles, it's a Charge Knife.

Alan O

Über Member
Thanks for your replies I am taking part in a 24 hour endurance ride next Saturday and wondered iff the creme worked....
After a 7 hour ride I suffered a bit of chaffing so used sudicreme to deal with the after effects.. just wanted to nip it in the bud so to speak.. otherwise 24 hours of rubbing may take it's toll....
Well, as I said before, I've never used it - but if faced with a 24 hour endurance ride, I might be tempted to soak my bum in a bucket of the stuff before I start!

BurningLegs

Veteran
Well, as I said before, I've never used it - but if faced with a 24 hour endurance ride, I might be tempted to soak my bum in a bucket of the stuff before I start!

I had a similar experience - one of the first "long" rides I did was 9 hours on a hot, dry, sunny August day. Couldn't drink too much water on a day like that!

I was exactly the same as you - pretty uncomfortable the day after and used Sudocrem for a couple of days after. When I am doing a similarly long ride (especially in hot sweaty conditions) I use a bit of Sudocrem more as a preventative. I haven't suffered as badly again, and to be honest I can't be sure if that is the addition of Sudocrem or some other reason, but it doesn't hurt to use it. :smile:

Top Bottom