Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cricket/59242789

How on earth can he think he's hit that?!
To be fair in realtime there was a very loud nick…….and i think mitchell at the other end nodded thinking the same, thats why he didnt bother with a review

AndyRM

XOXO
A loud edge in real-time? The only noise is the ball thumping into the 'keepers hands.

And in any case, you'd feel it, swinging the bat that hard.

It doesn't matter anyway, they won. I hope he's had a jolly good cry about his mistake.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
20 needed off 10 balls and Wade was dropped in the deep, 3 balls hit for 6 later and it was over. Would have been tougher with a new batsman in...
small margins and a bit of luck, that's T20.

C'mon you Kiwi's!

jowwy

20 needed off 10 balls and Wade was dropped in the deep, 3 balls hit for 6 later and it was over. Would have been tougher with a new batsman in...
small margins and a bit of luck, that's T20.

C'mon you Kiwi's!
same in the england game.........bairstowe catches in the deep, hits toblerone ( not out ) 20 needed off the last 12.....6 balls later, its all over

but i think over 17 caused the england loss, with jordan go all over the ground for 28

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Any thoughts on the cricket race scandal?

It seems such a shame as there are massive talent pools of Asian players in many northern towns.

Most sports just seems like an old boys network which is very hard to break into.

We have some nets in a local park, I would estimate that 90% of the people using them are Asian. And they are in a terrible stare compared to the nets at the local cricket club.

My only comparison is local club rugby which is also very much alcohol based and almost no Asians play at local club level. I doubt people are overtly racist but it must be very daunting for a new player to get started.

jowwy

Any thoughts on the cricket race scandal?

It seems such a shame as there are massive talent pools of Asian players in many northern towns.

Most sports just seems like an old boys network which is very hard to break into.

We have some nets in a local park, I would estimate that 90% of the people using them are Asian. And they are in a terrible stare compared to the nets at the local cricket club.

My only comparison is local club rugby which is also very much alcohol based and almost no Asians play at local club level. I doubt people are overtly racist but it must be very daunting for a new player to get started.
is that cause the are repaired due to private ownership maybe??? were as the others are repaired by the local council who dont have the money to under take such repairs???

just seems an odd statement to make

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
is that cause the are repaired due to private ownership maybe??? were as the others are repaired by the local council who dont have the money to under take such repairs???

just seems an odd statement to make
Yes. It’s the difference between public facilities and private ones. A bit like tennis courts, The private ones are always better. The council should invest more in these facilities as they are clearly well used by the locals.

But my point was that there are lots of Asian players who I’m sure could contribute to a thriving club scene. But the club scene is set up in such a way that it somehow excludes them.

jowwy

Yes. It’s the difference between public facilities and private ones. A bit like tennis courts, The private ones are always better. The council should invest more in these facilities as they are clearly well used by the locals.

But my point was that there are lots of Asian players who I’m sure could contribute to a thriving club scene. But the club scene is set up in such a way that it somehow excludes them.
doesnt just exclude asians though, they are just one of the minorities it could exclude.....it could exclude the less wealthy too and not just based on colour of skin

there are so many reasons why people can get excluded from something, that it cant just be race related. You have to look at the bigger picture and ensure equality impact assessments are made to limit exclusion and provide inclusiveness. its too easy to put it down to race.

every policy and procedure we right were i work is followed up by an EIA ( equality impact asessement) to ensure it doesnt impact on the minorties within the community......that needs to be done in sport too.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
doesnt just exclude asians though, they are just one of the minorities it could exclude.....it could exclude the less wealthy too and not just based on colour of skin

there are so many reasons why people can get excluded from something, that it cant just be race related. You have to look at the bigger picture and ensure equality impact assessments are made to limit exclusion and provide inclusiveness. its too easy to put it down to race.

every policy and procedure we right were i work is followed up by an EIA ( equality impact asessement) to ensure it doesnt impact on the minorties within the community......that needs to be done in sport too.
Yes and Darren Gough has written about his problems with Yorkshire from the perspective of a working class lad. But he was white and drank lots of beer so probably fitted in once he managed to get a foot in the door.

Imagine how much harder it must be for an Asian lad. I agree we need to ensure everyone has the same chances and I hope we seem urgent changes.

jowwy

Yes and Darren Gough has written about his problems with Yorkshire from the perspective of a working class lad. But he was white and drank lots of beer so probably fitted in once he managed to get a foot in the door.

Imagine how much harder it must be for an Asian lad. I agree we need to ensure everyone has the same chances and I hope we seem urgent changes.
I totally agree……..

Top Bottom