Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
After the gloomy atmosphere around cricket these last few days, it's excellent to have a huge positive to enjoy!

Surprised India didn’t enforce the follow-on but I suspect politics (money) had a major part to play.
The Test could have been all over by day 2! and resulted in a big loss of revenue.
Well done to the performers Agawal and Ajaz Patel. NZ need a miracle to save this game.

DRM

Guru
Bloody hell - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59518669

I wonder how deep the rabbit hole goes, and how much damage this is doing/already has done not only to players, but to the clubs involved?

I'm sure I read that a lot of sponsors had already walked away and that certain venues had been stripped of the rights to show England games.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...paid-Professional-Cricketers-Association.html
so now we find out that the Professional cricketers association paid off his gambling debts, not exactly a virtuous character is he, also sent disgusting texts to teenage girl, let him without sin cast the first stone and all that.

AndyRM

XOXO
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...paid-Professional-Cricketers-Association.html
so now we find out that the Professional cricketers association paid off his gambling debts, not exactly a virtuous character is he, also sent disgusting texts to teenage girl, let him without sin cast the first stone and all that.

You can be critical of one part of an organisation and still benefit from the support it offers, I know I have been.

As for the texts, they'll be easily obtained. She's already discredited herself by admitting to lying so she could illegally drink on a plane...

I trust the Daily Mail about as far I could throw a copy, and I used to play in deep-midwicket.

Last edited:
He has admitted he isn't/ wasn't perfect he never claimed to be free from sin.
What he did claim was he was a victim of racism, and bullying, which reading the reports he most certainly was,he knew he would have his life scrutinised,he knew certain media outlets would dig as much dirt as they could on him,yet he still spoke out hopefully everyone comes out of this with a better understanding of how to respect other people, regardless of sex, colour, or religion

Sounds like an amazing women, a life well lived RIP

DRM

Guru
He has admitted he isn't/ wasn't perfect he never claimed to be free from sin.
What he did claim was he was a victim of racism, and bullying, which reading the reports he most certainly was,he knew he would have his life scrutinised,he knew certain media outlets would dig as much dirt as they could on him,yet he still spoke out hopefully everyone comes out of this with a better understanding of how to respect other people, regardless of sex, colour, or religion
Which he was guilty of with regard to those of the jewish faith, so he's as bad as those he accuses, he's a boo hooing nasty piece of work imho, the sooner he clears off the better

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Sadly predictable with no meaningful warm up games / practice in Aussie conditions, but I don't know what made Root bat first, maybe the memory of Hussain's famous "we'll have a bowl". It looked more like a Trent Bridge / Headingley green top than the Gabba.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Sadly predictable with no meaningful warm up games / practice in Aussie conditions, but I don't know what made Root bat first, maybe the memory of Hussain's famous "we'll have a bowl". It looked more like a Trent Bridge / Headingley green top than the Gabba.
I was listening and Aggers commented that it was a toss to lose because both captains really had to do the positive thing and bat first, which struck me as insightful.

Top Bottom