Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Windies might implode chasing 230 but I make them favourites too.

Gabriel and Roach looked pretty useful every now and then. And Holder occasionally too.
God knows who's going to bat 2,3 and 5 in Oz.
Hales, Stoneman and ...A.N. Other?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

Gabriel and Roach looked pretty useful every now and then. And Holder occasionally too.
Has Ballance got his mojo back together yet? He was a pretty solid batter at the beginning of his England career.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Draw for this match. England to win the series.

Not sure about a draw, no bad weather due. Surely a win for one side is in order?

I've got a feeling that England will set them 250 and Windies will implode under the pressure of possibly winning after the humiliation of Edgbaston. However, I have been know to be wrong with my preditctions

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Has Ballance got his mojo back together yet? He was a pretty solid batter at the beginning of his England career.
He got a another chance against SA, earlier this year, didn't he?
I don't follow county cricket as closely as I once did, so I've no real idea who is doing well these days.
Edit - he did get 2 tests with scores of 27, 4, 20, 34

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I went to T20 at The Oval on Friday. Jason Roy did OK for Surrey but I don't expect that to translate into another chance for England any time soon.
The Aussies are a bit iffy in the batting department but their bowlers are pretty useful so a decent Test technique is important. I'm not convinced that Roy fits that brief.

AndyRM

XOXO
Not sure about a draw, no bad weather due. Surely a win for one side is in order?

I've got a feeling that England will set them 250 and Windies will implode under the pressure of possibly winning after the humiliation of Edgbaston. However, I have been know to be wrong with my preditctions

My pre series predictions were: win, draw, win.

Spend too long batting tomorrow and meet a stubborn Windies.

Been a much better test so far in any case, thoroughly enjoying it. I'm not old enough to remember the feared Windies sides of old, but my love of cricket is such that I hate seeing them humiliated.

MikeG

Guru
Those predicting draws must be expecting some bad weather in Leeds. Without that, this Test will have a result. I reckon England can win this with a lead as small as 175 odd, and maybe even 150.

MikeG

Guru

He's been worked out. Unless he rebuilds his technique entirely, there's no way back for him.

U

User482

If Hameed shows some CC form next month I reckon he'll go to Australia, and I'd be tempted to play Buttler at 5.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Those predicting draws must be expecting some bad weather in Leeds. Without that, this Test will have a result. I reckon England can win this with a lead as small as 175 odd, and maybe even 150.

No bad weather. There will be a result. Two full days, 17 wickets

I've got a feeling that 175 may not be enough. But England only have one real non-batsman so there is no reason why 200 odd lead shouldn't be possible. Lovely day up here, plenty of sunshine this morning and any cloud cover this pm will be high. Deffo a day for batting

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
If Hameed shows some CC form next month I reckon he'll go to Australia, and I'd be tempted to play Buttler at 5.
I'd forgotten about Buttler, but looking at his recent record, he's only played one first class game in over a month.
How the hell do the ECB expect players to be test match fit looking at that schedule, and it's no wonder newcomers struggle.

Bat & Bowl Team Opposition Ground Match Date Scorecard
58, 1c/1s Lancashire v Warwickshire Manchester 18 Aug 2017 T20
1c/0s, 52* Lancashire v Worcs Manchester 16 Aug 2017 T20
0c/0s, 23 Lancashire v Yorkshire Leeds 11 Aug 2017 T20
17, 21 Lancashire v Hampshire Southampton 6 Aug 2017 FC
57, 0c/0s Lancashire v Leics Leicester 4 Aug 2017 T20
0c/0s, 8 Lancashire v Northants Northampton 3 Aug 2017 T20
80*, 2c/1s Lancashire v Warwickshire Birmingham 30 Jul 2017 T20
0c/2s, 1 Lancashire v Derbyshire Derby 25 Jul 2017 T20
4, 1c/0s Lancashire v Durham Manchester 23 Jul 2017 T20
1c/1s, 42* Lancashire v Derbyshire Manchester 16 Jul 2017 T2

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Joe Root has gone but Malan is surviving...
...just.
A score here probably means that he and Stoneman can start packing for Australia. Not convincing but doing just enough.

Good call. Hameed has the ability, technique and aptitude to be very succesfull in Test cricket. His time will come.

Buttler would be in my starting X1, and instead of Bairstow as 'keeper.

Just seen that Bairstow was out playing a reverse sweep (in a Test match, FFS). :headshake:

Top Bottom